• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun cleaning tips that work for you

Eye protection when using Gun Scrubber!

-Trust me-you don't want none of that mess in your eyes. It will make you speak with Jesus!

Speak to him??? By the time my eyes stopped burning, I thought I could hear him answering me (something about punishment for lying to my mom when I was a kid).

Ive found that nothing works better than Clp break free, bore snake, old tooth brush, and old t shirt. Used the method on my more expensive guns and cheap plinkers. Even came in handy when the walther didn't like all the dirt on factory fresh springs.. Sprayed it into the action, racked the slide several times, and was running right again.

Before the days of the bore snake Grandaddy always just tied a piece of a t shirt rag onto a nylon string and clamped a small fishing weight onto the other end. He'd put a little Hoppes on it and pull it through the bore a few times wipe the outside metal down with an oily rag and be done in no time. Especially with his bird gun that saw nearly constant use during the season.

I got a set of 3 brushes like that at the dollar store, one is brass ,one is ss , and one is plastic.

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited:
LOL. That's just wrong!

heh heh, thought mdog was talking to Soviet? :)

When I buy a new or traded gun I always take out the firing pin or striker and clean out the chamber.. people tend to get oil in that area... and that's generally not a goodness (with striker driven guns you can get misfires from goop)... I use alcohol and cotton swabs with a dental tool to clean or even cotton swabs (yeah, yeah)... got this tip from Hickok45.

Back
Top Bottom