• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun cleaning tips that work for you

Hey n11. Don't know if anyone has said if or not but the denture brush is a great idea. Good tip.
Thanks RICHARDINFELTON. I'll take that as encouragement to add another very minor idea.

I use pointed wood sticks together with a patch or rag to get into hard to get places. I found the sticks at a restaurant that uses them to hold sandwiches together. I think they're the same sticks that are used for dipping apples and should be found easily.

I also use wood stick cotton swabs which were hard to find but now are available again in drugstores. Before I found the pointed sticks I took the cotton off the Q-tip and used it with a patch.

i51.tinypic.com_30m1hub.jpg

I just use a wire brush with solvent, run my patches until theyre clean, and then finish it with a cotton swab soaked in oil. For everything else, an old rag and a toothbrush works just fine.

Wood furniture gets a rub down with some boiled linseed oil. It really protects the finish and keeps them nice and glossy!

Thanks RICHARDINFELTON. I'll take that as encouragement to add another very minor idea.

I use pointed wood sticks together with a patch or rag to get into hard to get places. I found the sticks at a restaurant that uses them to hold sandwiches together. I think they're the same sticks that are used for dipping apples and should be found easily.

I also use wood stick cotton swabs which were hard to find but now are available again in drugstores. Before I found the pointed sticks I took the cotton off the Q-tip and used it with a patch.

'nother vote for the q-tips..I find em to work quite well and have also been known to use something like the pointed sticks or a toothpick with a patch

Well, I'm kinda' LAZY...I prefer to work SMART, not HARD, so...when I'm thru shooting one of my Revo's, SS or Blue, I take the Cylinder and Yoke and SOAK 'em in a Widemouth Jar full of Hoppe's--for a day or two--when I take 'em out, a lil' effort with a Bronze "Toothbrush", and ALL that NASTY STUFF on the Cylinder Face is GONE!!! YMMV, of course...and DO NOT try this with a NICKEL Revo, as the Hoppe's will "Eat Away" the Nickel Plating...HTH....mikey357

Back
Top Bottom