• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun comes home.

Awesome story, I had a sales rep come in and talk to me today and we got on the subject. He had a .38 revolver (his first firearm) stolen when he was about 21. 12 years later a detective called from the local high school saying they recovered it from the car of a student who had been selling drugs in the parking lot. Seems far fetched but this stuff does happen.

Update: 10/5/2017. Long story short. ATF needs it back(they didn't ask nicely). Had to get it back from a Odt member(he was compensated). This thing may be gone the next few years. Uggg

View attachment 126449

Update: 10/5/2017. Long story short. ATF needs it back(they didn't ask nicely). Had to get it back from a Odt member(he was compensated). This thing may be gone the next few years. Uggg.

A sad story with a happy ending.

Three and a half years ago I was living in Barnesville GA with my wife while we were in college. I always left a pistol in the car for her to use just in case and she or I would always bring it in at night. Well one night she forgot, and that one night was the night the car got broken into and so long my very first pistol I ever bought with my own money. It was quad ported Fratellio Tanfoglio IPSC approved Ultra 9mm two toned with wood grips. I loved this pistol! The morning came and filed a police report with pictures and serial numbers.

Three years and six months later I get a phone call form the local police department. Your pistol has been found in Panama City, FL in a drug sting or drug bust. The trail is over, now that is not evidence we are sending it back to Barnesville. They told me they would call when it arrived. Next day phone call, they over night it and its here come and get it when you like.

I get it back and it appears to be in good shape, but need a very good clearing some surface rust but not in the metal or pitting yet. Gave it a good cleaning and she is almost back to almost the last time a saw her. She had been fired some, maybe 15 to 30 rounds. Thought I would never see this gun again.

Words of wisdom don’t leave the guns in the car. Always have pictures and serial number of you weapon. You never know you might get them back.
LUCKY YOU,HAPPY ENDING NOT

Back
Top Bottom