• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun control bill that will pass (has senators needed)

Agreed, it would be nice to see everything tied to one age.

On this compromise', I'd certainly rather have rather seen nothing at all.

And the 'boyfriend loophole' is scary. You break up with a girl and she red-flags you in revenge?

I hate seeing red flag laws get any more traction that they already have. They are fundamentally wrong in concept and execution and should have been overturned the first time they went to court.

And the 'boyfriend loophole' is scary. You break up with a girl and she red-flags you in revenge?

Not how it works. It makes ANY Domestic Violence conviction a lifetime prohibitor for firearm possession/ownership. Lautenberg does not include dating partners as prohibited persons, while dating partners are subject to other domestic violence laws including DV restraining orders.

No red flag involved.

Not how it works. It makes ANY Domestic Violence conviction a lifetime prohibitor for firearm possession/ownership. Lautenberg does not include dating partners as prohibited persons, while dating partners are subject to other domestic violence laws including DV restraining orders.

No red flag involved.
As I understand it, the new legislation will include dating partners

Just wait.... The bill that will be voted on will be different and less "common sense". That's what always happens. It's initially discussed with some basic provisions but what is quietly crafted is more anti-gun.

Past ban bills were discussed as banning only those evil ARs, but later on the details of the bills included far more more rifles. They never passed so it didn't affect anything, but it shows you how these folk operate.

That is correct. Part of Lautenberg that should have been addressed long ago.
As long as they are adjudicated and classified correctly,...under this new proposal, if ya went out with someone once when you were in college, met up with them 20 years later, knocked over a lamp in their house, neighbors heard the noise and a tired end of shift police officer that didn't wanna fool with figuring out what happened shows up and charges you with damage to property, poof...there go your gun rights. Far fetched but stranger things have happened.

The one difficult thing I think they will have with this, and I believe was the original difficulty, it to define boyfriend/girlfriend. how do they define it without a domestic living situation...heck people don't define it half the time much less the law trying to define it. Currently it is defined pretty clear, and easy to prove....

As long as they are adjudicated and classified correctly,...under this new proposal, if ya went out with someone once when you were in college, met up with them 20 years later, knocked over a lamp in their house, neighbors heard the noise and a tired end of shift police officer that didn't wanna fool with figuring out what happened shows up and charges you with damage to property, poof...there go your gun rights. Far fetched but stranger things have happened.

The one difficult thing I think they will have with this, and I believe was the original difficulty, it to define boyfriend/girlfriend. how do they define it without a domestic living situation...heck people don't define it half the time much less the law trying to define it. Currently it is defined pretty clear, and easy to prove....
Think the new rule is going to be if you’ve hit it, you can’t hit It.

Well, that's one interpretation.

Back
Top Bottom