• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Dealer Sues Feds

Yippeeee !

Time for another bumpstock argument :deadhorse:

The legal argument isn't over the bumpstocks. It's about the government saying something is legal, then changing its mind, then making it illegal, making you destroy your own property and then not reimbursing you for that property.

It's that awkward last sentence of the 5th Amendment to our Constitution.

What's scary is that if this isn't defeated/over turned, the government could arbitrarily make shovels illegal tomorrow and you'd have to turn in or destroy all of your shovels. Really scary.

The legal argument isn't over the bumpstocks. It's about the government saying something is legal, then changing its mind, then making it illegal, making you destroy your own property and then not reimbursing you for that property.

It's that awkward last sentence of the 5th Amendment to our Constitution.

What's scary is that if this isn't defeated/over turned, the government could arbitrarily make shovels illegal tomorrow and you'd have to turn in or destroy all of your shovels. Really scary.

Thanks for the 10,001st explanation on that :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The government will just tie him up in court fees and processing. They’ll bankrupt him before he even sees a judge.

America...land of the free...if you have enough money.

In a perfect world he will get all of his money back, and the entire ATF falls into the same shredder they are using to destroy the bump-stocks.

That's why I ended up cutting the two I had but keeping the pieces. If this guy wins his suit he opens the door for the rest of us to claim damages.

I do think at some point the government will have to make restitution, and since they were never serialized, the only way to get compensation will be to have a (decommissioned) stock to show them. If not, I guess I kept a couple of useless pieces of plastic around for a few years... kind of the same as when they were functioning bump stocks.

Back
Top Bottom