• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Dealer Sues Feds

73k bumpstocks!?!

What dealer in their right mind would stock that many? Did they think they could mark them up after the company was forced to stop making them......sucks for them.

I'm no lawyer, and I don't play one on TV or online. And I also hope the Texas Gun Store wins the case.
Having said that, and having read what the story said about the Fifth Amendment takings clause. "which bans the government from seizing private property for public use without just compensation"

The part that caught my attention was (seizing private property for public use)

Were the recycled 73,000 bump stocks used for public use ? I agree they were taken away from the rightful owners and no compensation was given. But if they weren't used for "public use" does the constitution still protect the private owner in this case ?

I'm no lawyer, and I don't play one on TV or online. And I also hope the Texas Gun Store wins the case.
Having said that, and having read what the story said about the Fifth Amendment takings clause. "which bans the government from seizing private property for public use without just compensation"

The part that caught my attention was (seizing private property for public use)

Were the recycled 73,000 bump stocks used for public use ? I agree they were taken away from the rightful owners and no compensation was given. But if they weren't used for "public use" does the constitution still protect the private owner in this case ?

I’m sure some crafty lawyer can say that it was for public safety. And then argue that public needs safety and removing bump-stocks was providing a service to the safety and welfare of the public.

Back
Top Bottom