• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun insurance?

Porter Rockwell

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
93   0
Reaction score
I’m sure this topic has been discussed on the great ODT before it how do you guys insure your guns? Do you use the NRA? Do you add specific riders to your homeowners insurance?

Do you keep a record of every firearm with serial numbers to insure them?

State Farm. They have pictures of ones over $5,000 and have a list of all the rest with serial numbers. They are not the cheapest but they have the best coverage . I get value at time of loss . Most don’t do that . So my machine guns are a safe go . Plus I bundled it with my car and life insurance and saved

I keep records of everything . You have to once you get up past 60+

Binder on homeowners policy, keep records/serial numbers in 2 places along with the video walking through the house twice a year in case of a total losd.

State Farm. They have pictures of ones over $5,000 and have a list of all the rest with serial numbers. They are not the cheapest but they have the best coverage . I get value at time of loss . Most don’t do that . So my machine guns are a safe go . Plus I bundled it with my car and life insurance and saved

This.

I actually do have the insurance the NRA offers, never had to use it thankfully. Have not had an issues with it good or bad, did a fair amount of interweb research befrore I Initially got it. I may start looking for other options before the renewal next year.

Who gets paid if you crash your car die and ruin 3 machine guns? Someone is going to get a chunk of money.....

On a more happy note I hope this doesn't happen to you.

Back
Top Bottom