• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Oil/CLP Recommendations

AMSOIL products are all 100% synthetic products, mainly engine,transmission,gear lubes. Last year because of a lot of us dealers being hunters and outdoor enthusiasts, they started working on and finally came out with a firearms cleaner and protectant, and a firearms lube. I have used it in my pistols and rifles, and am very pleased with the results that I am seeing.
Do you have a link for the product?

Lots of bad long term effects with Frog Lube. Also not good in cold weather. It gums up to the point it feels like molasses when working the slide on a semi.

I like the Outer's aerosol Gun Cleaner (nitro solvent) followed by Rem Oil. Then a touch of Outer's Choke Tube and Gun Grease in the right places and you're good to go.

Reactions: MRH
image.jpeg

I have ran frog lube on about 30 guns for about 3-4 years. Lots of good, little bad. First once it is on correctly it really makes clean up a snap. Nothing I have tried makes follow-up cleaning as easy. It smells great. I don't fear cancer in 5 years using it. Down side is if you use to much, and everyone seems to use to much lube, then it will get you "gummy" especially in colder weather. Also over using the paste can get into the striker channel and slow up your pin and can lead to light primer strikes. I really go light with the stuff and I have found paste building up in the glocks.

Because of this I have been using less frog lube especially on rifles and using more M-Pro7 which is my favorite traditional type CLP.

Back
Top Bottom