• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Oil/CLP Recommendations

Sounds like some kind of soap, are you pimin here?

Translates to Waffle House...d@mn good lube right there

Swiss reference...

i995.photobucket.com_albums_af80__03psd_DSC03832.jpg

Is a great grease for old bolt guns....

I hate Frog Lube with a passion.

Ballistic is good stuff, but tastes like hell.

Any gun Lube or cleaner will work on a Glock, they ain't picky.

Personally, I use Mobil 1 synthetic automotive grease when I want grease, and mix up my own gun oil. Many guys that are outstanding gun guys run straight motor oil, but here's what I mix:

2 quarts synthetic motor oil
1 quart automatic transmission fluid. Brand and spec don't matter.
1 bottle of original STP. The blue bottle.
1 7oz. jar of Hoppe's #9

Reactions: MRH
CLP user from way back.
They gave it to us at the ranges to evaluate, we liked it.
In 37 years I think I used 2.

I recently changed to the Militec.
Somebody posted the video 7 to 10 days ago, CLP turned out to be deficient in the desert.
Lots of newscasts about it, wish I could find it, it sold me and I found it on Amazon.
CLP now in the garage.....

CLP user from way back.
They gave it to us at the ranges to evaluate, we liked it.
In 37 years I think I used 2.

I recently changed to the Militec.
Somebody posted the video 7 to 10 days ago, CLP turned out to be deficient in the desert.
Lots of newscasts about it, wish I could find it, it sold me and I found it on Amazon.
CLP now in the garage.....

How often you operating in the desert?

How often you operating in the desert?

Never, never ever.

But I'm going to give the new stuff a fair chance, I have enough different types of firearms to really evaluate it. If it's good I have enough for the rest of my life, if it's not I'll get the CLP from the garage. That's probably my 3rd bottle in nearly 40 years.

I'm never gonna need another bottle of oil ....... that's kinda sad! Lol

Thanks cmshoot ya bum!

I hate Frog Lube with a passion.

Ballistic is good stuff, but tastes like hell.

Any gun Lube or cleaner will work on a Glock, they ain't picky.

Personally, I use Mobil 1 synthetic automotive grease when I want grease, and mix up my own gun oil. Many guys that are outstanding gun guys run straight motor oil, but here's what I mix:

2 quarts synthetic motor oil
1 quart automatic transmission fluid. Brand and spec don't matter.
1 bottle of original STP. The blue bottle.
1 7oz. jar of Hoppe's #9

If I mixed up all of this my great-grand children would still be using it!

But thanks for the recipe, you can always adjust proportions...

I go through quite a bit of lube cuz of my students. If we split that lube recipe with 3 buddies, you'll have a quart each for about $7.50/quart. That mix works as good or better than any oil I've ever used. Lubed everything from revolvers to belt-fed MG's (M2, M60, couple M249's) and SMG's with it.

Lots of bad long term effects with Frog Lube. Also not good in cold weather. It gums up to the point it feels like molasses when working the slide on a semi.

I like the Outer's aerosol Gun Cleaner (nitro solvent) followed by Rem Oil. Then a touch of Outer's Choke Tube and Gun Grease in the right places and you're good to go.

I have always liked everything made by Outers. I probably use it more than anything.

Honorable mention: I had some Strike Hold that was excellent. I need to get some more of that stuff.

For grease I have some Auto Zone high temp red.

Back
Top Bottom