• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Owner Fights Unlawful “No Return” Gun Policy

Sounds like Dekalb county. Some members have stated that when a car is searched in Dekalb or gwinett, and a firearm is found with the owner having no carry permit, the police ask for proof of purchase,. If you cannot provide a receipt for the gun, they take it.

That's because the cops are the Boyz in Blue Gang.

That's because the cops are the Boyz in Blue Gang.
It's because that's the law that people have allowed to pass to make them feel better. If you don't have permission to own or carry a firearm, the government will take it. It's not the cops fault, that's the law. This one is on us gun owners. We need to make a change.

It's because that's the law that people have allowed to pass to make them feel better. If you don't have permission to own or carry a firearm, the government will take it. It's not the cops fault, that's the law. This one is on us gun owners. We need to make a change.

So that's the law that's on the books in Dekalb County?
If you can't show a receipt for your firearm purchase, We (LE) will confiscate it?

So that's the law that's on the books in Dekalb County?
If you can't show a receipt for your firearm purchase, We (LE) will confiscate it?
It's the law in regards to lots of private property, even cash. Civil forfeiture laws are heinous.

Sounds like Dekalb county. Some members have stated that when a car is searched in Dekalb or gwinett, and a firearm is found with the owner having no carry permit, the police ask for proof of purchase,. If you cannot provide a receipt for the gun, they take it.
I'm sure that isn't the SOP for Dekalb County, not even legal in Ga. Imsure there was more to the story.
You have a link or a specific case you are referring too?

As stated in the NRA=ILA article...

"Much has been written about the dedication of female civil rights activists and fighters for justice who battle on, no matter what. We’re not sure how Christine Panzella’s saga will end, but we applaud her and other Second Amendment persisters in fighting the hard fight for what’s right."

Is this the best the NRA can do..."applaud her" ?

Makes me want to think real hard about renewing my NRA membership. Please tell me I'm missing something and that the NRA-ILA are helping this woman.

As stated in the NRA=ILA article...

"Much has been written about the dedication of female civil rights activists and fighters for justice who battle on, no matter what. We’re not sure how Christine Panzella’s saga will end, but we applaud her and other Second Amendment persisters in fighting the hard fight for what’s right."

Is this the best the NRA can do..."applaud her" ?

Makes me want to think real hard about renewing my NRA membership. Please tell me I'm missing something and that the NRA-ILA are helping this woman.

They will help you if you pay for their insurance. Why would a business give someone a service they did not pay for? Oh.....people still think the NRA is looking out for gun owners. I'm sure they try to appear to be doing that but the reality is they are looking out for manufacturers and their bottom line.

Dekalb County is also one of the jurisdictions ignoring state law that requires it to auction off seized guns.

Back
Top Bottom