• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun ownership and apartment living

Who says "they [the apartment management] can't deny you [a lease] based on that [you or a friend / possible roommate at this new apartment posing with what looks like an assault rifle]?

We aren't talking about PUBLIC HOUSING, are we?
This is private property.
Private property owners can exclude persons in possession of firearms. (OCGA 16-11-126, and see the recent Supreme Court of Ga opinion on the GeorgiaCarry.Org/ Philip Evans vs. Atlanta Botanical Gardens case.)

The ONLY ISSUE HERE is whether the private apartment management unjustly withheld a refund of the application fee, for being unreasonably arbitrary and discriminatory in their actions, even though they broke no criminal law nor civil rights law.

I didn't realize it was legal to reject a lease application because someone owns firearms. While bs, does kind of throw the possibility of a case out the window.

I didn't realize it was legal to reject a lease application because someone owns firearms. While bs, does kind of throw the possibility of a case out the window.

Yes they can reject you for whatever they want, unless it's race, color, religion, and whomever you want to have sex with.

Which is why when someone says they're a private business, and they can do what they want, they really don't have a clue what they're talking about...

Its not reasonable to assume someone who wants to do buisness with you wants to threaten you. Especially when that person will absolutely be fired from their employer if that action is true

Yes they can reject you for whatever they want, unless it's race, color, religion, and whomever you want to have sex with.

Which is why when someone says they're a private business, and they can do what they want, they really don't have a clue what they're talking about...

I knew it wasn't one of the protected classes. Guess it just sounded like such a bs reason to me I incorrectly assumed there had to be some legal recourse.

Back
Top Bottom