• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun part stippling?

There is a lot of different ways and most people wont tell you their tricks...i have an assortment of irons and tips but the stippling isnt really the hard part...the framework and prep that goes into it is what makes or breaks your work...if you dont care what it looks like, have at it but good work is years of practice and mistakes made and corrected...here is my edc carry and its not pretty by my standards...i just wanted to get it comfortable and functional for what its being used for...EDC!!!

13A1BC6D-F141-4547-893F-2F431CC76425.jpeg
5CD4880C-5B06-4C84-9F15-8BA9164D54DE.jpeg

railin93 railin93 is your man for this…..
I live in Virginia now. They don't have any real good sites like this one so I still visit regularly. It's my one vice being stuck up here in the mountains. I don't miss the traffic but there are a few disadvantages but not many. Nothing I can't live without.
I did meet a real good gunsmith today. I took a 1911 slide to him to get some work done on it. He use to build cars and now does guns. We hit it off instantly. it's like the twin I never had. Except he is the real deal. He has a CNC machine in his basement and all the other machines needed to do everything. So I have a great contact now. We both used to build and tune cars and he runs his business out of his huge home with a massive shop in his basement. Man I am a little jealous ( not really just a figure of speech ) but all his machining equipment is awesome. I do all my own work unless it takes a lathe or CNC witch he has so is does it full time. So we talked for about 2 hrs. just talking about cars and guns. That being said I have a brilliant gunsmith to take complicated machine work to. Really good guy and having him in my contact list is definitely going to be a benefit. but I will try it first since he's just a because it's relatively inexpensive.

Thanks for the recommendations guys.

You can pick up a soldering iron at harbor freight, home depot, Lowe's, or online. The real question is how much drinking you’ll have to do before deciding that its a good idea…

You can pick up a soldering iron at harbor freight, home depot, Lowe's, or online. The real question is how much drinking you’ll have to do before deciding that its a good idea…
Stippling is easy to do but hard to be really good at. I started doing mags and never was dissatisfied with any of them but haven't got to the point/courage of doing a gun frame.

It's just a polymer AR-15 polymer grip. It's a skeleton design but a little slick and needs some work to improve a good purchase. It's a little slick but I have some grip tspe coming but it needs a little something extra. So I will fiddle with it since it can be replaced relatively inexpensively. Plus it'll give me a chance to do something different and learn a new skill. It never hurts to learns something new. Now I wouldn't attempt it on a new expensive firearm that couldn't be replaced so easily. I wouldn't attempt it so readily otherwise. It needs help.

It's just a polymer AR-15 polymer grip. It's a skeleton design but a little slick and needs some work to improve a good purchase. It's a little slick but I have some grip tspe coming but it needs a little something extra. So I will fiddle with it since it can be replaced relatively inexpensively. Plus it'll give me a chance to do something different and learn a new skill. It never hurts to learns something new. Now I wouldn't attempt it on a new expensive firearm that couldn't be replaced so easily. I wouldn't attempt it so readily otherwise. It needs help.
Magpul and the ruger 556 furniture are very similar in makeup for composition...they burn at a higher temp but they provide AMAZING grip if you get the settings right and pattern evenly laid...

Back
Top Bottom