• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun/Pawn shops you HATE, and/or those you LOVE?

I live less than a mile from Adventure Outdoors, and since they moved to the new location, I have not had any issues getting help or finding what I was looking for. Everyone I talk to is nice, but maybe because they are used to seeing me. They basically turned into a mini Bass Pro with more guns and finally almost enough people working there to cover the customers. Decent hunting selection if I need odds or ends, a few hunting clothes, tons of accessories, and a decent selection of reloading supplies at OK prices for retail (bullets are pretty high). I generally get my firearms from here, but I have come across deals there I couldn't pass up. For the most part I just find it convenient for grabbing odds and ends things without having to drive to Bass Pro like scent control, target bullets, a holster, primers, etc. The checkout was always what killed me. It was 30 minutes minimum to check out even you just wanted ammo. They have sped it up a lot and try to get all the gun sales at one register to keep things moving. It still kills me that all the defense and hunting ammo is behind the counter where you can't see it and if you are looking for a rifle you need binoculars to browse the long guns. Definitely not perfect, but much improved over their old cliffside location that was cramped, understaffed, and often frustrating.

Sydney's Department Store and Uniforms in downtown Augusta. Plenty of testimonials out there against this place. Please do not EVER go in there. Total db!

Last edited:
Cherokee Pawn has always treated me right and they have great shelp and trade in prices. Sometimes they put some sad looking stuff out there in front and the prices are fantastic. Mosin 91/30 $100

Daves guns and guy stuff in Griffin,,,, Ed's Pawn in Stockbridge,,,,, Dave's Gun Room on Buford Hwy in Atlanta,,,, and Firearms Traders in Macon are all GREAT people to work with.

i went too daves guns and guy stuff and there closed now. small selection, ok service, best dam prices anywhere. hated to see he was closed.

As I see it, pawn shops are for buying not selling. Typically, people coming to a pawn shop to sell are in need of quick money. Knowing the shops dont pay top dollar for an item means I can bargain with them and get a price I like. They don't make any money if they don't sell. Fortunately, I have only needed the service of a pawn shop once and I knew what I was getting into before I walked in the door. Cherokee Gun is the best I know of, I never sold them anything but they always act like they want my business and dealt with me honestly.

Back
Top Bottom