• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Prices????

I wasn't necessarily referring to prices here, but on the industry as a whole. Manufacturing cost, shipping , employment cost has ever think.
Yes there is some inflation but in the gun industry it seems to be less than everywhere else. The Glock 43 I have listed today is $11 higher than one I listed in 2018. That is Glock mandated MAP pricing. I could sell for more but cannot advertise for less.
https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/item-gone-fs-glock-43-9mm.1759114/

Some local stores still have fair prices. GA gun store has been pretty steady with their prices. I just picked up a Glock 48 from truprep last week for pre-covid prices.

But like Biker said, guns priced right will sell. Guns/ammo that are way overpriced will sit.

Yes there is some inflation but in the gun industry it seems to be less than everywhere else. The Glock 43 I have listed today is $11 higher than one I listed in 2018. That is Glock mandated MAP pricing. I could sell for more but cannot advertise for less.
https://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/threads/item-gone-fs-glock-43-9mm.1759114/

I agree. But how much is the dollar really worth as purchasing power. Mainly ammo. I'll use ga arms as example, 3 months ago I bought 22 subs 11 bucks a 100 rounds. Now they are asking double or almost triple that. I get it, its supply and demand. But where does it stop?the higher the cost, the less our currency is worth, or for a better word, worthless.

Excuse me OP for trashing your thread.

Hey guys,

I have been gone for a while and I am really shocked at the prices on the trader currently. Am I seeing real inflation here or is this the result of the current administration and what it has done to our community? I am just wondering. I was planning on doing a little trading but am not even sure what to list my stuff for anymore.

Thanks
You must have been living under an enormous rock.

It is the stimmie price effect. Nearly everyone has gotten thousands of dollars for doing nothing in the last year. Of course prices will be up.

Reactions: TRS
Back
Top Bottom