• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

gun pulled on me today- need help

You keep pulling out "motor vehicle" like it is some special class of property. "His or her vehicle" refers to the person who is in control of the vehicle, not the person who is on the title of the vehicle, just as it refers to the person who is in control of a residence or a place of business.

Aha, while if that is the definition it certainly changes things. If it means "registered to" it's one thing, and if it means "driven by" that is completely different.

Aha, while if that is the definition it certainly changes things. If it means "registered to" it's one thing, and if it means "driven by" that is completely different.

Get caught with some wacky weed under the front seat, and try telling the cop that it can't be yours because the car is registered to Daddy so it's not "your" car.

Under Georgia law, the operator of a vehicle is "theirs"
Doesn't matter how (unless illegally) they are in possession it is theirs. Just as a apartment or home that is not your property is "their home"
It is the expectation of privacy and and extention of ones home. Just as one can be in a home without purchasing or paying rent, and it would be "their" home.

Good example would be: try having something illegal in that car you are in control of, get caught and find out how fast it is "yours". LOL

Section a) clearly talks says his or her motor vehicle. Section d) clearly addresses ANY private passenger vehicle and clearly states you must be eligible for a carry permit. There is no conflict. A 19 year is NOT permitted to be armed in someone else's vehicle per statute.
As a passenger, but not as one in control of said vehicle unless the owner is present. Although it seems to me there is case law allowing it. But I can't cite it.

Again if your son is under 21 years of age and he gets caught in the car by him self with a loaded Hand Gun in the car, you will be picking him up at the police station.
Actually, not usually an arrest-able offense.
If anyone was worried I'm sure he would be entourage to or from a sporting event anyway, right?

glad you're ok.
just fyi, interstate traffic does not yield to vehicles on the onramp entering the interstate.
YOU have to yield to the interstate traffic!

I'm sure someone else said it already but I didn't read all 214 comments

Back
Top Bottom