• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun range sued by neighbors

We can talk about this all day long but the fact still remains, this is costing a lot of money and from what I am reading can/will be devastating to this family owned business. Whether they win or not. We see more and more of our "judges" making incorrect decisions these days. Just the mear fact this is in court where the cost alone can shut down this gun range is an attack on the 2nd. The judge doesn't have to make a ruling. All he has to do is drag it through the courts until the owners can no longer fight it and they are through. Everyone on this forum that owns a gun needs to donate. Even if its just a dollar.

And I am curious...where's the NRA on this one?

They'll get in front of the parade if it makes it to the Supreme Court and pretend they lead it there, like they do with every other consequential case.

If there ever is a SHTF situation it will suck big time for these libtard judges. Got a feeling they will be on a lot of the people they screwed feces list and there won't be anyone to protect them.

There has to be more to the story. If the plaintiff wanted to contact witnesses, they should just go over to the range and talk to the people shooting.
This reminds me a lot about the negligent entrustment case against Bushmaster in the wake of Sandy Hook and how that was allowed to go farther than it ought to have gone.

"According to a Peacemakers supporter, the Goldsteins bought their Virginia property in December 2011, after the Peacemakers gun range had been established. The Goldsteins didn’t file a complaint until September 2015."

http://www.journal-news.net/news/local-news/2017/03/gun-range-sued-by-neighbors/

The range was there first and then they moved in and now complaining and have a suit against them. WOW

Reactions: MRH
"According to a Peacemakers supporter, the Goldsteins bought their Virginia property in December 2011, after the Peacemakers gun range had been established. The Goldsteins didn’t file a complaint until September 2015."

http://www.journal-news.net/news/local-news/2017/03/gun-range-sued-by-neighbors/

The range was there first and then they moved in and now complaining and have a suit against them. WOW

Happens all the Time, The dirt oval here in Rome (that I live close enough to that I can hear when they are running and watch the fireworks in my backyard when they have them) Has been sued more than once over noise by people new to the area... Hell its a plus for me to be able to listen to the engines Roar and get free fireworks on Holidays.

Where I grew up in NY some people bought out a small semi-active airport and built a small race track that they run $100 Track days all through the summer on Saturdays to keep the hooligans off the streets, even going so far as to have leathers available for people who don't own their own... Neighbors approved the sale of the noisey every day airport to be replaced by the one day a week race track.. then sued the race track when it opened for making too much noise :/ 2 years they have been going back and forth in court over it after spending millions on a really great facility that I'm sorry I don't live there anymore to enjoy

Any gun range in Georgia can still be shut down by busybody neighbors, but instead of just arguing noise, the neighbors will have to argue that it's a "safety" issue.
There is all lot of wiggle room in the law especially with an anti-gun judge that would find that it is perfectly reasonable for people who live a mile behind the shooting range to fear bullets coming into or over their property.

Back
Top Bottom