• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun safe reccomendations

I believe this to be true. I have two of them and really they are just cabinets. Security costs money plain and simple. Get an alarm system that is polled every 90 seconds and if it doesn't respond central station sends the police. ;) Every window and every door must be covered. Motion in every room. The safe needs to be located so it is not against an outside wall. I have seen block walls destroyed and safes cut open and the alarm never tripped.
Great advice!! We put a window sensor on our safe. So if the get past everything else as soon as the door is opened the alarm goes off

Great advice!! We put a window sensor on our safe. So if the get past everything else as soon as the door is opened the alarm goes off
The door won't open when they cut a hole in the side but maybe it'll help. Thieves are good at pulling power meters and waiting for batteries in alarm systems to die. Then they can do whatever they want if someone is on vacation.

The door won't open when they cut a hole in the side but maybe it'll help. Thieves are good at pulling power meters and waiting for batteries in alarm systems to die. Then they can do whatever they want if someone is on vacation.
Unless you got some real serious **** to steal from your house no one is gonna wait for your alarm battery to die

Unless you got some real serious **** to steal from your house no one is gonna wait for your alarm battery to die
They pull the meter Friday and come back Sunday before you get home from your weekend trip. If you only have 3 guns no worries. If you have 40 well you should protect your stuff.

They pull the meter Friday and come back Sunday before you get home from your weekend trip. If you only have 3 guns no worries. If you have 40 well you should protect your stuff.

I'm not saying this is impossible but highly unlikely. That's like movie criminal level. If they want what l have that bad they'll find a way to get it.

Back
Top Bottom