• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Season - What are you using this year? Show us your Rig!

10thmountain

Default rank 5000+ posts
American Warhorse.
121   0
Reaction score
I am taking out my ODT PU SNIPER this year. Modern PPU Ammo. Shoots great - It weights 50 Lbs. LOLZ.
IMG_2068.JPG

DPMS LR308 slick side carbine with full Magpul FDE furniture. Topped with a Weaver 3x12x50 and a Silencerco Harvester 30 on the front. It will be shooting Ted Nugent ammo with 165gr TTSX. Should be good for deer or hogs if they decide to show.

Same rig I have been carrying in the woods for over 23 years. Browning A Bolt Micro Medallion .308 my dad gave me when I was 12. Still a beast after all these years and after all the trophies on the wall and meat in the freezer. Wouldnt sell it for $100,000.

Bought my dream deer rifle almost 20 years ago. Has served me well all these years and I'm sure it will continue to do so. It's a Savage 116FLCSAK in 30-06 And has all the bells and whistles available at the time. Left handed stainless action with a tang mounted three position safety, Stainless fluted medium contour free floated barrel in 30-06 with adjustable brake that can be turned on/ off, adjustable trigger,detachable box magazine, synthetic dual pillar bedded stock. I haven't weighed the rifle but Savage has it listed at 6 1/2 # I mounted a Leupold Vari x2 3-9x40 in standard Leupold bases and medium rings. Stupid accurate and has fired a 10 shot group of .446. Yeah there are a lot more expensive rifles and I'll probably hunt with various calibers makes and models this year just to justify keeping em around, That being said I haven't found one better suited as an all around superstar in two decades.

Last edited:
Bought my dream deer rifle almost 20 years ago. Has served me well all these years and I'm sure it will continue to do so. It's a Savage 116FLCSAK in 30-06 And has all the bells and whistles available at the time. Left handed stainless action with a tang mounted three position safety, Stainless fluted medium contour free floated barrel in 30-06 with adjustable brake that can be turned on/ off, adjustable trigger,detachable box magazine, synthetic dual pillar bedded stock. I mounted a Leupold Vari x2 3-9x40 in standard Leupold bases and rings. Stupid accurate and has fired a 10 shot group of .446. Yeah there are a lot more expensive rifles and I'll probably hunt with various calibers makes and models this year just to justify keeping em around, That being said I haven't found one better in two decades.

Sweet rifle. One of my favorite rifles was a Savage 7 mm Mag.

Back
Top Bottom