• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Season - What are you using this year? Show us your Rig!

Browning S/S Left hand ----280 :cool2:
002.JPG

That caliber model 760 was made from 1988 - 1995 so you should be able to find one. They were not made in a Carbine model.

Good luck with your search... that's most of the fun!

I really like the 760 and the 7600 line. My uncle killed a slew of deer with his old 760. It never failed him that I know of. He had the .30/06. He made several pretty long shots. Out to 300 yards on more than one occasion, and the real kicker was he was hunting from a wheelchair the last 16-17 years. To my knowledge it was the only deer rifle he ever hunted with. Over 40 years of service with that 760.

Ended up being my .30-06 only saw a spike. Cute little bugger bedded down in front of me for almost 2 hours. And yes I know a A2 at-10 birdcage looks weird on there but I'm using it as a thread protector till my suppressor clears.
image.jpg

I've seen the same thing happen with .308, and have always refused to have one because of it, but I admit my conclusions about the caliber have been irrational. I'm certain .308 is a fine caliber.

I could not agree more about the Marlin 30/30...I wanted to pull out my old Glenfield model this season, especially in those south Georgia hardwoods where I hunt, but my dear ol' 71 year old Dad "claimed" that rifle as his own this year. :) Not much I can do about that.
Same here. I have shot deer with all sorts of rounds, the only deer I really had run a long ways was the first time I shot one with .308, perfectly fine shot right where it should be through an through and only about 25 yards away, but that dang deer ran a LONG ways. I never used a .308 on deer again, completely unfounded I know, but it stuck with me. But my .30-06, .30-30, 44 mag, even 7.62x39 they have never moved more than a step or two.

Back
Top Bottom