• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Season - What are you using this year? Show us your Rig!

well then get off my ass
I didn't poke no finger at you

Damn dude. Chill. It's a thread about hunting. Nobody is poking you or ****ting in your wheeties. What do you knock em down with? I use a Mossberg 535 slugster because I hunt on Fort Gordon and I cant use a rifle there.

Ruger guide gun in 300 RCM.
Been hunting with the same Marlin 30/30 for the last 25 years, decided to pass it along to one of my boys and try something new.
image.jpeg

well then get off my ass
I didn't poke no finger at you

It's my time of the month... ;)

But regarding your point about a brush gun, some people refer to the caliber and some people refer to the setup. Personally when I'm in the "brush," where I can only see about 20 - 30 yards, I'm using irons or a red dot. Caliber is a secondary concern.

my Ruger Gunsite. sighted in the new scope friday. im unsure if i like it on this rifle though. feels a bit bulky. its a PA 4-14 Orion reticle. love the scope, but dont feel it fits on here good ya know lol. i may go ahead and go back to my Leupold hog 1-4. or bite the bullet and get the scope a really want for this rifle, a Leupold VXR 2-7 firedot with the ballistic firedot reticle.

It's my time of the month... ;)

But regarding your point about a brush gun, some people refer to the caliber and some people refer to the setup. Personally when I'm in the "brush," where I can only see about 20 - 30 yards, I'm using irons or a red dot.Caliber is a secondary concern .

YES, you got it
{"Caliber is a secondary concern"}
old old school thought was slow & heavy

www.hardscrabblefarm.com_images_vietnam_visual_signals_vs_cease_firing.gif

Last edited:
YES, you got it
{"Caliber is a secondary concern"}
old old school thought was slow & heavy

It should be, but I wont shoot a 270 when I only have 30-50 yard windows. I've seen deer run for days after getting thumped with them. If I'm in close proximities, I will always want a Marlin 30-30. I never miss and I never have to look for the deer.

my Ruger Gunsite. sighted in the new scope friday. im unsure if i like it on this rifle though. feels a bit bulky. its a PA 4-14 Orion reticle. love the scope, but dont feel it fits on here good ya know lol. i may go ahead and go back to my Leupold hog 1-4. or bite the bullet and get the scope a really want for this rifle, a Leupold VXR 2-7 firedot with the ballistic firedot reticle.

I switched my 1-4x Hog scope with a 2-7x VXIII at the very end of last year, and I definitely recommend it. The 1-4x is great for hunting hogs in the thicker stuff, and I took a hog at about 10 yards with it earlier this year. But the 2-7x is so much better at the end of legal light, and I like the little longer distance it gives you.

I switched my 1-4x Hog scope with a 2-7x VXIII at the very end of last year, and I definitely recommend it. The 1-4x is great for hunting hogs in the thicker stuff, and I took a hog at about 10 yards with it earlier this year. But the 2-7x is so much better at the end of legal light, and I like the little longer distance it gives you.

ya, if i keep my 1-4 hog ill prob put it on my AR as its almost a true 1x (like 1.4 i think). bought that PA on a whim hearing how awesome it is. and it is awesome. would love it for a stands/bench gun. but its a bit bulky for me to want to carry though the woods alot. i hunt public mainly so i do ALOT of walking to get back to a decent spot away from the road lol.

Back
Top Bottom