• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Season - What are you using this year? Show us your Rig!

for the Military Sporter Rifle Folks; I see a few of those above
Communist to Water Buffalo and everything in between; and if I was younger include anyone that follows the peaceful Religion of Islam

Not bad but the 240B ****s fire like that one never could. I do like any machine gun that can make a grown man piss himself by hearing it. If I could afford one, I'd buy one in a minute. Is that you?

never held a a M240
Nam 1969

Strapping young man. I'm a Nam baby. My Father was drafted and stationed at camp drum when he got back. He met my Mother there. Thank you for what you have done. You guys paved the way for us younger Soldiers. The suffering you guys endured made Americans rethink the way they treated Soldiers. You were spit at and I was bought beers. That sucks and I hate that about your generation. I'm glad there were good Soldiers that walked that line though. I sincerely thank you for what you have done for us.

image.jpg
For muzzleloader the Accura V-2 MR and it's little crazy brother in pistol form.
For rifle, a Marlin XLR .444, and for corn fields a savage FCP-K sniper rifle in .308 win with hunting rounds.

Reactions: MRH
karlvv30 said:
It should be, but I wont shoot a 270 when I only have 30-50 yard windows. I've seen deer run for days after getting thumped with them. If I'm in close proximities, I will always want a Marlin 30-30. I never miss and I never have to look for the deer.

:pop2:
I ain't touching that one
:grouphug:

Haha...Nah man I wasn't trying to sound like a dick. I apologize if it came out that way. All of us have made bad shots, or seen others make bad shots. In most cases, if a deer isn't recovered, it had nothing to do with caliber and everything to do with shot placement.

Yep , my buddy uses a .257 Roberts and plants them dead every time.
.270 is extremely popular up north and I know countless people who have used them exclusively for years.
I've had good luck with the old faithful 30-30.
Yes, shot placement is king.

my Ruger Gunsite. sighted in the new scope friday. im unsure if i like it on this rifle though. feels a bit bulky. its a PA 4-14 Orion reticle. love the scope, but dont feel it fits on here good ya know lol. i may go ahead and go back to my Leupold hog 1-4. or bite the bullet and get the scope a really want for this rifle, a Leupold VXR 2-7 firedot with the ballistic firedot reticle.

LEft handed ? Pretty cool never seen one.

Yep , my buddy uses a .257 Roberts and plants them dead every time.
.270 is extremely popular up north and I know countless people who have used them exclusively for years.
I've had good luck with the old faithful 30-30.
Yes, shot placement is king.

the late, great Jack O'Conner made the .270 very popular

back in the '60's, the .257 Roberts was on the list of calibers not legal for Whitetail hunting in GA.
the list included quite a few centerfire rounds larger than .22
another one I remember was the .30 Carbine
this list accompanied the Game Regulations, back then the the limit was 1 Buck only

Last edited:
Haha...Nah man I wasn't trying to sound like a dick. I apologize if it came out that way. All of us have made bad shots, or seen others make bad shots. In most cases, if a deer isn't recovered, it had nothing to do with caliber and everything to do with shot placement.

No offense taken. Anybody that has hunted their whole life has made a bad shot. I've made a few. The worst I made was with a muzzleloader. I had a deer turn quick like while I was squeezing the trigger and ended up putting one up the poop shoot. I was lucky though because it didn't hit bone and dropped him right there. I gutted him out immediately and there was zero waste. I don't take quartering away shots any more.

Reactions: MRH
Back
Top Bottom