• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Season - What are you using this year? Show us your Rig!

Here's another one that will probably get it's fair share of use this year. It's one that I picked up on clearance and then worked it over for my son and gave it to him when he was 11. He still hunts it as a grown man and it's a deer slaying machine. Sometimes I even grab it myself or loan it to a buddy. It's a Savage 110 in 25-06. I replaced the lawyer trigger with a factory 3 screw unit and replaced the trigger spring with a piece of .047 music wire so that it drops right at 2#. I bedded the action to the synthetic stock just up to the recoil lug with JB weld and gave it some tree bark style paint with rattle cans from Home Depot. Got a Leupold standard 1 piece base and a set of rings from penny auctions on Gunbroker. Topped it off with a clearance Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x40 from Wal Mart and a clearance sling too. All in for everything you see under $400 and it is a long distance fly swatter with 110gr Accubonds and RL22
love the 25-06 and the rifle set up too creative and artistic ballistic bad boy you got there!

Reactions: BHJ
Corn field sniper.
Savage FCP-K.
image.jpg

Doubt I will be taking any 1000 yard shots but they claim this is the rifle to do it.
It is definitely not a rifle you want to carry very long.

Last edited:
I've posted this rifle on the site a time or two (for show only) because I absolutely love it, so here is my Glenfield Marlin 30/30 that my Dad claimed for himself. This was bought at a gun buy back (haha), completely restored and cerakoted by Dobbs Defense. It is not pictured here but I mounted my old 2x7 Red field wide view on it for my Dad.

My uncle has one of these and when I was a kid I always admired it, so this thing oozes nostalgia for me.

225654-2799212874690ff26318ccf3778912a0.jpg
225656-a8c35da2189ca8ff4d019294326a1314.jpg
225655-60534e1b6ad7053f3c2eb7c73ec665c5.jpg

I kinda miss my winchester model 94ae 30-30.
It was the first rifle I purchased new and I shot my first buck with it.
I traded it a few years ago like I do most everything else. Haha.

I kinda miss my winchester model 94ae 30-30.
It was the first rifle I purchased new and I shot my first buck with it.
I traded it a few years ago like I do most everything else. Haha.

If I ever get to the point where I am simply collecting firearms, I will collect 30/30 levers.

Thanks Burdy. If you get one of the No1's try to find a Non-Prefix model.
Early, non prefix #1s had a Douglas match grade barrel. Classic Sporting Arms usually has the more rare and earlier model No1's.

If I ever get to the point where I am simply collecting firearms, I will collect 30/30 levers.

Yeah I've just decided on Marlin levers in general but ended up trading all but my most desirable one.
Still kicking myself for
Letting go my stainless/ walnut JM guide gun in 45-70 but you know..... I can always wait for
Another one to pop up.

Reactions: MRH
Yeah I've just decided on Marlin levers in general but ended up trading all but my most desirable one.
Still kicking myself for
Letting go my stainless/ walnut JM guide gun in 45-70 but you know..... I can always wait for
Another one to pop up.

I didn't want to say it at first because you said you had a Winchester at one time, but yeah I'm a Marlin guy for sure.

Back
Top Bottom