• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun serial check at Lawrenceville Police Dept.

grabbin' asphalt

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
232   0
Reaction score
So I show up today at the station, on my way back from shooting, with Ga driver license and matching CW Carry permit, go up to the front desk and question the lady about directions to get a serial # checked on a recent gun purchase.
...and I purposely waited a few weeks to give ample time for someone to report it "IF" it was hot. I bought it from a CWP holder so I felt confident as they had said, that it was a Clean firearm.

So back to story, the lady looks at me and says, no kidding btw,
she says "I don't think we do that here." ......LMFAO!!!!

I'm thinking "WTF is going on in THIS place, YOU ARE the Freakin' Police azzhat,
What, ...you want me to truck on down to the local library, FML!!!"

Although I didn't say it, it was in my mind and I didn't want to stir the serial # look up check in case it was hot, but D@mn REALLY?!!!

So then she directs me to a phone to call the clerk and yada, yada. Then the officer shows up, I politely introduce myself to the officer and reach out and shook his hand with ALL my ID creds in the other hand, he looks down with a smirk and begins to give a dismiss look like it's all fake and says, Where's the gun??
Then we go out to my car and he pulls his cruiser over and I hand him the "Already slid open slide" gun and he begins to look over it. Does his thorough check and visual inspection, computer check yada, yada from his patrol car and hands it back,
and says "Here."
So I say, "It's good, right??"
Officer says "Yeah."
So I then say, to start a pleasant conversation... "Thank you for your time of Serving and Protecting, cause my dad served 15 yrs with various demartments in Georgia back in the day."
He remained cold and said one word "Yup" ....

You know, for someone trying get the serial # check the right way, I sure felt wanting more from the Lawrenceville Police Dept.
But this reminds me of two weeks prior while in a gun store, here come 3 of the Lawrenceville's finest and I begin to "Thank them for there service" ...and then I asked one or two of them about a couple carry laws of legally having and traveling with a compensator. They answered my question but with a non-pleasant attitude and just very unfriendly.

So all this being said, are they all just pissed off so much from sitting on the side of the road and issuing tickets all day long?? I hear that's the way it is in these parts, but really, I see them parked on Private Property beside mail boxes in between peoples houses, is that even Legal, Private property radaring on someone's land????

Someone with better knowledge of that Law, would you please chime in???

Also very glad my dad is no longer a cop in this day and age, just might be ashamed.

*side note, ... I'm thinking of going into a few guns stores and buying a few AK-47's and showing back up there evey week just to run the serial #'s, we'll see just how non-friendly Legal Carrying citizens are treated there.
....or maybe it's just in the Lawrenceville water, ...hint, hint.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom