• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun serial check at Lawrenceville Police Dept.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The best thing to do is to avoid any deal that could be suspect. I asked a cop buddy one time about running serial numbers and he told me what I already figured. If it does come back hot then YOU are screwed if you don't have some type of receipt/BOS with the info of who you bought it from. The only way I could see doing this is for you and the seller to get it checked at the point of sale. And if the seller doesn't want to do that then you already know the answer.

Bull ****

I read a few pages of this but I have a story about dealing with a Tennessee State Trooper. My wife and I were headed home and I was speeding and got pulled over. The officer approaches the passenger side window and when he appeared I informed him I had a pistol and it was in plain view due to the fact I had not received my ccw yet. (already paid and submitted finger print ect. just hasn't been received yet) He ask for the pistol and I told him it was loaded. I give it to him, slowly (his orders) he then ask for my ccw. I told him I don't have it yet and he said he would be right back. Comes back and ask me why in the world am I driving with a pistol without a license to carry. I told him it wasn't concealed and in plain sight. He tells me to get out and step to the back of the car. At the back of the car he ask again why I have a pistol without a license. I repeated the same thing I previously stated. He went absolutely bananas. Yelling at me how I am braking the law amd he could arrest me right now. He then said so you are telling me I can go to Walmart (in GA) with a pistol as long as it is not concealed without a license and it be legal. I said yes sir, unless you are asked to leave it is legal. He again lost it and started yelling at me again and then went to his car again. He comes back with my gun, slide locked open magazine in other hand with the chambered bullet in the same hand. He tells me to put my pistol in the trunk and to close up my magazine in the glove box and that I am lucky he didn't arrest me. He then said maybe I should give you your magazine and make you come back up here to the courthouse to retrieve my pistol. I told him again I wasn't trying to break any laws or make him mad. Anyways he gave me my stuff and told me if I get stopped again in TN and my pistol is not in the trunk in a suitcase he will have me arrested and take my pistol. It was crazy how angry he got with me about this. Anyways Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. Just thought I would share. I have another story about guns and getting pulled over in GA. Much more pleasant story. Funny story but pleasant.
TN has different laws, and Georgia does NOT allow for open carry with out a license.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking. The best thing to do is to avoid any deal that could be suspect. I asked a cop buddy one time about running serial numbers and he told me what I already figured. If it does come back hot then YOU are screwed if you don't have some type of receipt/BOS with the info of who you bought it from. The only way I could see doing this is for you and the seller to get it checked at the point of sale. And if the seller doesn't want to do that then you already know the answer.
Screwed as in the rightful owner will gets his/her gun back. But without a reason to believe you have intentionally done something wrong, you will not be charged with anything. On the outside chance you are charged wrongly it is easily beat, hell YOU brought it to the LEO, not like anyone caught you.

I love google

Attachments

• copMEME.jpg
    copMEME.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 11
Screwed as in the rightful owner will gets his/her gun back. But without a reason to believe you have intentionally done something wrong, you will not be charged with anything. On the outside chance you are charged wrongly it is easily beat, hell YOU brought it to the LEO, not like anyone caught you.

When I said "Screwed" I meant that at that point when/if the gun comes up hot then you the buyer are 1) On the hot seat to explain where you got it and will have to give up the name of the seller. 2) You will most likely lose whatever amount you invested in it . Not saying that they LEOs are automatically gonna cuff you and stuff you. But you WILL most likely have to sit and wait to talk with their property crime investigator.

Ok here it is,
....take apart the gun, clean it with gloves on, wipe it completely down and place it in a zip lock, go to your buddy cop, let him run the numbers, if it comes back hot, he found it by a bush....lol

For the record, was pulled over in Lawrenceville a little while back for a front right headlight out. Just went out while driving, I get out and pop it with my hand and everything worked. Officer was very polite and even jolly if you will. Very refreshing, kudos to you sir.

Last edited:

i think the charge would be "POSSESSION OF STOLEN PROPERTY".

Back
Top Bottom