• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Show Info?

Patronus

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
152   0
Reaction score
Hey,

I'm planning to go to the gun show in Macon on July 31st. I haven't been to a gun show in years and I wonder if any of y'all can answer a few questions about them. Such as how it goes when buying at the shows.

I'm looking to buy an AK 47 and a Taurus TCP(made the mistake of letting the wife see the purty pink and black one). I can get the AK brand new from classic arms for $350+$45 shipping and FFL fee and the TCP NIB for $250+ the $45.

When buying at the shows does sales tax apply? How about all the forms? If I have to go through all that stuff I might just be better off buying online and saving the trip. Aside from getting to see the hundreds of cool guns I can't have what advantages are there to go to the show?

Man dont waste ur time at the gun shows cause its got to where they see u coming and stick it to u plus if u buy it inside from a dealer u still have to do a background check and fill out paper work.... It sounds like u have found a great deal already.... The only i have heard of people getting good deals on at the gun show lately is ammo

I can't remember the last time I went to a gun show. I have to pay 8-10 dollars to get in the door and then pay retail for whatever i want. Course you could go to the show and look around. If you don't find a deal on what you want then you could go back and buy the ones you've already found. Good luck with your purchase.

I had not been to one in a few years, went to one in Macon a few months back and OMG !!! I could not believe how high the prices were. Not to mention the deals you can find on the net, but most of the guns I looked at you can find in retail stores cheaper.

Guns shows are rip offs!!! Keep looking here im sure what you are looking for will show up at some point. Somebody here was doing 25.00 above cost. Gun shows are ok if you are looking to gain info, and ammo's not too bad but not near like they advertise

LOL... I shoulda posted a poll. My computer would have tipped over from the unanimous vote! Thanks for the input guys, Think I'll save my gas and admission and keep shopping it online. Actually I rekkin I'll go for the AK for $395 NIB. Hate not buying private and would like to "stimulate" the local economy ;) but I guess I'm going that way. And, yeah, I've seen some really great prices on here.

Thanks again for the great advice.

I like to go to the gun shows to get the opportunity to handle a lot of different guns. You can get the occasional good deal on something used or accessories. I am looking for someone or couple of someones who might want to split the time and cost of a table at the Nationalarms the 24th and 25. If anyone is interested.

I like to go to the gun shows to get the opportunity to handle a lot of different guns

This is the best reason to go to a gun show. Prices are usually crap but you can fondle and molest everyone elses stuff and walk away with a smile. :)

I prefer handliong gun show guns to see if I like something rather than go to 4-5 different Shops and tie up alot of my time. Besides, that 8 dollars isnt so bad for an afternoon in a normally air conditioned building surrounded by hundereds of guns.

Back
Top Bottom