• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Shows Having a Revival?

After paying to park and $12 per head to get in, I expect more than jewelry, pepper spray, and women's handbags.

That’ll be a hard pass
dood
thats not a gun show. you went to moss pawn.
maybe look at the hand bags...they are carry bags,holsters for chicks. most have a shoot thru pocket and a steel cable in the handle. my wife and daughter both have one.
so every table is not guns,over 90% are.
dont go,thats fine. but dont say they are just jewelry and pepper spray.
let me know the next one you are going to. if i can make it,i will bring 40 bucks with me... you bring 20. if its all handbags,jewelry,and pepper spray,you get the 40. when its a gun show with stuff your wife likes,so she goes with you and does not get bored. you give me the 20.....

dood
thats not a gun show. you went to moss pawn.
maybe look at the hand bags...they are carry bags,holsters for chicks. most have a shoot thru pocket and a steel cable in the handle. my wife and daughter both have one.
so every table is not guns,over 90% are.
dont go,thats fine. but dont say they are just jewelry and pepper spray.
let me know the next one you are going to. if i can make it,i will bring 40 bucks with me... you bring 20. if its all handbags,jewelry,and pepper spray,you get the 40. when its a gun show with stuff your wife likes,so she goes with you and does not get bored. you give me the 20.....
That’ll be another hard pass. There were guns,optics, holsters, and way the hell to much chick stuff to overcome the parking and entrance fee

Did not see any handbags nor did I have to pat to park at any of the three. Antique gun & Military show only $7 admission. AGCS is free admission if you are a member. Why would you not be a member? Support the hobbies you enjoy. Outstanding Colt Collectors show coming up in October, admission is free if you are a member. Not to mention a quarterly magazine that is probably one of the best gun magazines you've ever seen. Tulsa gun show twice a year, $10 general admission good for both Saturday and Sunday. If you get a table at most any show, you will get admission for two people for Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. When I read some of these negative comments, I often wonder if these folks are productive members of our hobby. Get a table, make them better. Go to a show, bring some guns. The shows around Atlanta were good at one time. How do other cities have quality shows and we don't? Only thing I see causing it is lack of participation. The more gun related tables at a show, the less junk will be there. It will be what we help make it. If the gs promoters do not figure it out then, maybe we should support the ones that do.As an example, the ODT show was outstanding and done right.

Aside from the ODT show, the last one I walked was nearly 5 years ago, and we thought things were overpriced back then!
I worked one last year or the year before in Cartersville; decent turnout even with COVID mandates.

I go even if I'm not looking for anything. Just fun to see what the private sellers bring.

If you go thinking you are going to see ammo deals like the early 90's with pallets of cheap .308 and .223, and dealers selling the latest, hottest Gucci Glocks for less than wholesale prices, you are an idiot. Stay home.

If you are a "Walmart minded gun shopper" you'll likely wish you'd saved your $12 for a nice meal at McDonalds.

If you like looking for any type of unusual or hard to find items (often laying on a table, priced cheap), then the gun show is fun. I've gotten fantastic bargains at shows but then again, I'm not going looking to score what everyone else in the "herd" is looking to buy either.

If you know, you know.

Like isuolympic said, if we can get some of us getting tables at shows and bringing out the interesting collectable things we can have a field of dreams moment. "If we build it they will come!" The ODT show was amazing and having a little of that at each show will start to swing the dynamic, only so many tables available so if we take up a % of the tables and the word gets out maybe the guys that said they would never go back start coming out and bringing guns to sell or trade. We would at that point have a reasonable argument to go to the promoters of the shows about limiting or at least significantly raising the prices for non-gun tables!

I set up at Marietta this weekend, the website said show tables were sold out 3 weeks ago. But I stopped by on Friday and was able to get 2 tables, it really was a good show, steady traffic and lots of people buying! We just need more guys like us out there selling...... I cleared some room in my basement and made money doing it!

I go even if I'm not looking for anything. Just fun to see what the private sellers bring.

If you go thinking you are going to see ammo deals like the early 90's with pallets of cheap .308 and .223, and dealers selling the latest, hottest Gucci Glocks for less than wholesale prices, you are an idiot. Stay home.

If you are a "Walmart minded gun shopper" you'll likely wish you'd saved your $12 for a nice meal at McDonalds.

If you like looking for any type of unusual or hard to find items (often laying on a table, priced cheap), then the gun show is fun. I've gotten fantastic bargains at shows but then again, I'm not going looking to score what everyone else in the "herd" is looking to buy either.

If you know, you know.

This should be a sticky...very well said, very well indeed!

Back
Top Bottom