• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun snobs are tiring

Jamescg

Default rank <1500 posts Supporter
President of the neckbeard club
95   0
Reaction score
Every time I see a thread on this site or other sites about cheaper guns, it gets hijacked by gun snobs, no matter your experience or others. It’s junk, you can’t trust your life with it, it will fail in a gun battle with space wizards. Your Taurus, PSA, canik, others brands are not worth having, just spend 300 or 700 dollars more and get a real gun. Then the gun snobs gang pile, they get mad at you for liking the cheap gun , everything has to be tactical+expensive=good. It gets tiring arguing I got threaten of getting banned by a mod on the ak files for defending PSA AK’s was called every cuss word in the book, I never used bad words or attacked anyone personally, but the gun snobs won. Everyone buys what they can afford at the time, it doesn’t mean it’s junk!
Ok rant over.

i like hi-point
I bought a Taurus PT111 Millennium back around 2000....it was a real dog that dropped the mag every time it was fired. Kept it for years and never shot and then Taurus up and replaced them all (the Gen 1s) for free because of a lawsuit. Got a G2 back that is GREAT! Has all the features I wanted (a real frame safety, great mag retention, etc.) A really nice shooter..

OP a your mostly right , too may “dog pile on the rabbit” so to speak . there are varying price weapons and generally varying quality.

the only comment I disagree with is people buying what they can afford at the time. Often people , especially those new to guns, really have no idea about quality, fit and finish or long term reliability.
your looking to shoot a lot, a whole lot, want accuracy, readily available parts , etc. then it does matter.

I have had cheap and I have had expensive guns , buy what you like and want but know that generally you get what you pay for in terms of quality, generally.

Back
Top Bottom