• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Store Commandos in Cobb County

Retread

Default rank <5000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
71   0
Reaction score
I know, I shouldn't expect any better, but when are gun stores going to hire somebody that knows what they are doing? I guess they get what they are willing to pay for. Today, I went into what used to be Nick's Guns in Marietta (it might be Kennesaw) and got a royal ration of you know what from 2 clerks. One decided to (in a demeaning manner) lecture me on AR 15's (he sounded like a developmentally disabled kid trying to sound like he knew something) so I just walked away as he was talking, and another gave me a royal line about how Glock has never offered night sights on their pistols. For all I know, that may be true now, (I'll be checking next week) but it sure wasn't a few years ago. He also didn't know what a Silvertip was, (I was going to buy a couple boxes) and had never heard of my favorite sights Heinie Straight 8's. (I asked him if they had the jig to install them) I think I'll visit Pannells next week and see if they are any better.

jig? but ya alot of gun stores hire questionable folks. i should know a few friends of mine work in them. i kid on that note, my friends know what they are talking about, but then again you got alot of people who may not know all the new stuff, but know a whole bunch of cool tricks and have seen stuff out of just being active in the gun market for years. i myself have been shooting since i was 4 and in my short time on earth have accrued quite the wealth of knowledge just by sittin around hearing old dudes jabber on. and the same can be said for the reverse. lots of guys (such as my friends who work in some gun establishments) know a bunch about the new, it does irk me because alot will dismiss the classics and cool stuff and opt for the tacticool line, but everybody has their place.

but ya, i agree with ya, i hate getting the talk down to lecture about a rifle or pistol plat form i known damn well already

Bout the glock night site the gun shop here told me that they are fixin to cut out nightsights for civilians an you have to be LE, FD, EMT, Military or Retired to get the night sights.

How much do you want to spend for your new gun?
The owner has to pay for education and experience, thus increasing his cost of doing business. He can't pay $25 per hour and compete with Adventure Outdoors on price.
As much as we say "I will pay more for service", most people will not. The scary thing is too many people take these jackasses word as gospel.

as a gun store commando (not in Cobb, but close), i can say that we know more than anyone else and all customers dont know what theyre talking about.

jk, for real, i learn more from customers than anywhere else..............yeah and the pay is peanuts............

Gun stores are like car lots. They carry what they think people will purchase. The employees are like car salesmen, they will say whatever they can in order to get people to purchase what they have on the premises for sale. It's usually uncommon anymore to find a thriving gunstore that has items for sale that are not hot sellers.

I've always wanted to find a gun store that aters to revolver shooters. Not much luck in this day and age.

There not just in gun stores I went to a pepboys a few months back and the same crap " cause I work here I know what I'm talkin bout" attitude. He was wrong of course. When did getting a minimum wage job make anybody an expert.

Pannells isn't going to be any better. I do a lot of my buying online and have it shipped to local FFL. I buy the bulk of my ammo online too. When I do deal with a gun store directly I normally go out to Sandy Springs Gun Club. The prices are not always the best but I have always received good service there. By the way why do you want Winchester Silvertips? Not really judging you but that is a really old bullet. You might want to check out the Winchester SXT (Ranger) that is if you are talking about handgun ammo. If you are talking about Silvertip rifle ammo nevermind.

Yeah I was in a gun store the other day and the guy didn't have a clue what wingtips are either! JK

It's the walmartisation of all other retail- don't pay much, keep those prices somewhat low , and don't expect the help to be much more than a warm body that can stock shelves and maybe ring up a purchase.
These other businesses are forced to lower their profits,service, standards to stay in business.
Yes I do shop there, but it's usually my last choice, not the first.

Back
Top Bottom