• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Stores to stay away from

eflat

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
7   0
Reaction score
I did a search and found some threads on good stores but I was more curious about the ones to stay away from or at least be weary of their service. I like to go to different stores all the time because I like to see what is out there while I'm traveling all over the metro and surrounding Atlanta area and I have came across some crappy service and some excellent. I will make a list and break it down a bit.

Worst Customer Service but I still shop there for price: Adventure Outdoors (I will say it has gotten better over the last few months)

Worst Customer Service and will not give my business to: Range Guns and Safes in Forest Park

Worst Attitude: Wild West Traders on Austell Rd.

Most insane prices: A little pawn shop in Bremen. Only one I know of there. ($350 Taurus TCPs, $275 Hi Points, and near $500 Taurus PT111s and140s) I know they can charge what they want, but I figured it can't hurt to let people know ahead of time so they can make their mind up whether to go there or not.

I don't expect everyone to follow my format, I just wanna see which places give the most people bad experiences. If anyone from any of these shops is on here then please chime in, in defense of your place, I just felt like there should be a thread calling out the shops that consistently give people problems.

Hmmm this isn't good, you feel one way others may not. I'll leave this to someone else to stop the trashing

Speaking of Adventure Outdoors, I have to agree their customer service usually sucks. It may be because I'm young, but I'm never treated with respect and most employees I've encountered completely ignore me. When I do have their attention, they seem hesitant to show me anything and are very condescending. I can think of only one employee there I've interacted with and actually enjoyed talking to.

Another store that rubbed me the wrong way is Lakeside guns in Acworth. I have the same complaints with them that I do with AO.

I'll go into any gun store if I have time to kill and am in the area. Even if I hate the store. Never know where you might find a gem.

My all time favorite gun store would be Forest Park Army Navy.......Skip the owner is the best, prices are always good and he normally keeps a good selection. I have spent way to much money in this place and will continue.

Worst (for me) would have to be the AR Bunker in Newnan. Prices are just not competitive.

Back
Top Bottom