• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Stores to stay away from

Sydney's in Augusta. His they stay in business is beyond me. Way way out of line with pricing and attitude out the butt. Huge selection and years in business.

I can't agree more. Sydney's is THE WORST!

Have you tried The Ponderosa Trading Company? That's where I do all of my business.

Aim center mass hinesville ga. They specialize in buying and selling military night vision, 3 round burst trigger assy"s and are rude as hell. Owner is currently in prison for selling class III stolen military goods to locals

Yeah. I genuinely could not believe what I was listening to. It's not like it was a great range (at the time anyways, I hear they renovated), and they would not let me shoot my .357Sig, .357Mag, or .22lr so I was pretty much limited to just my 9mm and my wifes .40 to shoot there anyways.

When was the last time you were there, I know they allow 357 sig, 357 mag and 22lr on that range.

The new Academy Sports store in Warner Robins!
I have a very good friend who is disabled from a stroke and brain aneurism (we almost lost him) and has a hard time writing now. When he is able to write its hard to read because of his shaking. His wife took him to the new Academy Sports and had to write his answers to the form down for him. The sales man behind the counter watched the entire time and refused to sell them the Beretta 22cal pistol because his wife wrote the information down.

Now if you was to see a man that was 60 years old or older in a electric powered wheelchair and has no use of his left arm or leg and limited use of his right arm and leg needing help filing out a form, would you really refuse him service?

My friend used to shoot all the time, but since his incident he has only really been able to 22 pistols and only a few times before his arm is to weak to hold one up.

I think that was a major screw up on Academy Sports. I have told everyone I know about this incident and trying to make sure the word gets out.

When was the last time you were there, I know they allow 357 sig, 357 mag and 22lr on that range.

They may now since they remodeled, but they used to not. They wouldn't even let me take my ammo into the range. They would hold my ammo for .357sig, .357mag, 22mag, and 22lr behind the counter till I got done shooting. They used to tell me no magnums, and no rimfire. I guess they considered .357 sig a magnum lol.

I have a very good friend who is disabled from a stroke and brain aneurism (we almost lost him) and has a hard time writing now. When he is able to write its hard to read because of his shaking. His wife took him to the new Academy Sports and had to write his answers to the form down for him. The sales man behind the counter watched the entire time and refused to sell them the Beretta 22cal pistol because his wife wrote the information down.

Now if you was to see a man that was 60 years old or older in a electric powered wheelchair and has no use of his left arm or leg and limited use of his right arm and leg needing help filing out a form, would you really refuse him service?

My friend used to shoot all the time, but since his incident he has only really been able to 22 pistols and only a few times before his arm is to weak to hold one up.

I think that was a major screw up on Academy Sports. I have told everyone I know about this incident and trying to make sure the word gets out.

It is a bull**** rule definitely. However most bigger stores I know of would have done the same thing. Only ones I know of that would probably let that go is smaller pawnshops that are more personal and need the business.

WOW! What an asshole.

Back
Top Bottom