• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Stores to stay away from

My experience with Jerry and his staff at the Sporting Arms in Winterville has always been positive. My concern with Franklin's is that the stuff they advertise in their special sales is odd ball junk...quality is sliding down.

Yeah. I genuinely could not believe what I was listening to. It's not like it was a great range (at the time anyways, I hear they renovated), and they would not let me shoot my .357Sig, .357Mag, or .22lr so I was pretty much limited to just my 9mm and my wifes .40 to shoot there anyways.

To clarify...not sure how long ago your bad experience was, but Wild West Traders does allow all three of these calibers, and has for AT LEAST the last two years. There are two dedicated magnum lanes, which can handle up to 357 magnum and 44 special... Also, most any pistol caliber carbines are allowed. You can always shoot 22lr rifles, and provided you buy frangible ammunition, they will allow .223 as well.

Big Woods Goods, I like to go look, but the last time I was in there to buy I wanted a 1911 they had in the case. The chick and guy at the register were B.S.ing and totally ignored me. I stood there for 10-15 minutes and finally said screw it and went next door and bought one at a better price.

Franklins definitely sucks for customer service!! I called last week during the day(a weekday), so I know they were not busy. Guy answers the phone simply "franklins". ME:"yes sir do y'all happen to have any used 20 gauge semi autos?" GUY:"I'm not sure, there may be some out there, paaaauuuuussssseeee". ME:"well you think you can look?". GUY:"I guess so". It absolutely blows my mind the customer service that some places have now days!!!

Big Woods Goods, I like to go look, but the last time I was in there to buy I wanted a 1911 they had in the case. The chick and guy at the register were B.S.ing and totally ignored me. I stood there for 10-15 minutes and finally said screw it and went next door and bought one at a better price.

Ehh, Big Woods is the kind of store I like, they will leave you alone until you give them a wave. They've got a suppressor of mine until the stamp comes back. They are kind enough to throw it in the ultra sonic cleaner for me.

Franklins definitely sucks for customer service!! I called last week during the day(a weekday), so I know they were not busy. Guy answers the phone simply "franklins". ME:"yes sir do y'all happen to have any used 20 gauge semi autos?" GUY:"I'm not sure, there may be some out there, paaaauuuuussssseeee". ME:"well you think you can look?". GUY:"I guess so". It absolutely blows my mind the customer service that some places have now days!!!

Franklins has been that way for as long as I can remember.

Stay away from Cherokee gun and pawn in canton, they make you spend too much money.

Back
Top Bottom