• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Stores to stay away from

On thew other side of the coin.Best shop I've been to and go alot is Clydes Armory,Athens.Customer Service is great.And those guys know what their talking about.
I'm 50/50 on Franklins.Service is really good but prices can be a little high.

i will never spend a dime in Oconee bait & tackle or brantleys in vidalia. both places are incredibly disrespectful and have the most airheaded employees ive ever seen.

the man at brantleys spent 10 minutes arguing with me that no-one has ever built a 9mm 1911, when he had 2 on the shelf. IDIOT!!!!!

the bonehead at Oconee bait & tackle spent 5 minutes talking to me about a glock, gave me a price and asked me if i wanted to buy it. i said "yes, ill take it". he walked over to the register and i followed. about 5 minutes later he looked at me and said "were we still talking?" i said "yeah, i want to buy that glock", then he said "i cant sell you that glock". i said you just gave me a price on it and asked if i wanted to buy it". he said "i never gave you a price on that pistol". F'N RETARD!!!!!!!!

Not a good idea to slam someones business in front of everyone on ODT. Businesses will suffer maybe for no reason especially when times are tuff and some folks I know are about to go out of business. I think we all should support the industries when we can, If we have a bad experience someplace, take note and move on. Just My 2 cents :bull_head:

Not a good idea to slam someones business in front of everyone on ODT. Businesses will suffer maybe for no reason especially when times are tuff and some folks I know are about to go out of business. I think we all should support the industries when we can, If we have a bad experience someplace, take note and move on. Just My 2 cents :bull_head:

Thats not what this thread is about. It is about repeat offenders and terrible shops that SHOULD be called out. Read the tread and you will see mostly the only shops people called out are the same ones over and over and over. Means they should probably be sent a link to this where they can hopefully fix there business. Bad businesses usually go under anyways even without the help of threads like this.

Spoke with them one time on the phone, seemed nice. Do they stock any ammo ? Looking for some .308

Who, Ponderosa? They stock everything. Seriously, reloading supplies and all. If you don't see it just ask and chances are they'll have it in the back. They will also let you hold as many firearms as you want, answer all of your questions and really help you with you in your decision if you want. No pressure whatsoever.
Also, when you visit just take a look around. They have so many distributor exclusives it's unreal not to mention their massive AR inventory.

Last edited:
Shooters of Columbus GA,... They suck at Customer Sservice!!!! Last time I was there they were so bad... There were 3 Vets in the store when I was asking a guy behind the counter a question and his knowlege sucked. I asked for the manager and he came out.. His knowlege of firearms sucked as well. On tope of that they dont give discounts to vets... Most places I go to atleast take the tax off.... So I was alread pissed and I turned to them and said I am heading to Nother side Pawn, Not Money Miser Pawn in Columbus GA, The are more knowlegable and Mil/vet friendly.. I walked out and all 3 of the vets walked behind me...

Shooters of Columbus GA sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont go...

Lithonia Pawn - Biggest rip off artists ever

Long story short....

My brother in law was semi-new to guns (he owned an old revolver and had been shooting with me a few times, but definitely was green at the time) when he decided to purchase a Glock 36. Instead of waiting for me to go with him so I could help him look around, he got the purchase bug, called around and found a "new" G36at Lithonia Pawn. He bought it and brought it over to let me check it out. When he brings it inside, I notice a couple of things:

1) The box that the gun came in had no labels on it with matching serial numbers
2) There was only a cleaning brush. No extra mag, docs, spent casing, lock, etc.
3) There's quite a bit of wear on the top of the barrel hood.

I asked him "are you sure this is a new Glock?" He said, "yeah, the tag says it" (he showed me the "price tag" that they had still in the box). We take the gun back up there and I ask them for a refund because they sold my BIL a used gun at a new gun price. The jerk off behind the counter swore up and down that it was a new gun. When I asked about where all the box goodies were, he says "we order directly from Glock and our guns do not come with docs, etc in the box". Which we all know is bull****. I then go to the parking lot, call Glock customer service and ask them if they sell directly to Lithonia Pawn. The guy on the phone says "nope, we only sell directly to distributors and certified Glock dealers....and they aren't one. And when we do, the gun always comes with paperwork, casing, etc.". I go back in and confront the jerk off again and he says "we have a no return policy. Please leave the store."

So in a nutshell, never buy from these asshats. They are con artists.

he says "we order directly from Glock and our guns do not come with docs, etc in the box". Which we all know is bull****. I then go to the parking lot, call Glock customer service and ask them if they sell directly to Lithonia Pawn. The guy on the phone says "nope, we only sell directly to distributors and certified Glock dealers....and they aren't one. And when we do, the gun always comes with paperwork, casing, etc.". I go back in and confront the jerk off again and he says "we have a no return policy. Please leave the store."

So in a nutshell, never buy from these asshats. They are con artists.

you let them off too easy.

Cherokee is my store of choice without a doubt. I have however bought 3 or 4 guns from Acworth and often just enjoy going there on a Saturday to browse and visit some. I have always felt comfortable and welcome there and they always have time to answer any questions. Very nice folks in my book.

The guys at Acworth Gun make me feel uncomfortable to be there.

The guys at Cherokee Gun make you feel like family.

Back
Top Bottom