• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Stores to stay away from

Mission Essential in Savannah. I can't speak for the Hinesville location after the issue with the owner as I haven't been since, but it was bad before. The Savannah location seems to cater to mall ninjas and the uninformed. They've got some nice AR stuff, but good luck getting help to find something. Heaven forfend you need to check out in a timely fashion... And you now HAVE to be put into their system now to purchase ANYTHING. I don't trust their employees with loaded weapons (especially after a certain mishap in the store left one of them wounded), let alone my personal information.

Shooters of America in Brunswick before they shut down the location with the range. Prices were too high, even on used stuff. I got deals on ammo and a few other things here or there, but service was usually spotty at best. Oh, and I HAD A FRIGGIN KIMBER ULTRA RAPTOR PUT IN MY FACE BY ONE OF THE (ex) EMPLOYEES!!! One of Brunswick's finest no less... Some socialite trophy-wife from St. Simons was buying one for her husband for their anniversary. I was actually trying to help the d'bag out and commenting on how nice the gun was. She made the comment, "It's so small. I just don't think it would scare anybody if he pulled it out on them." His response involved quickly snatching it off the counter, pointing it at my face, and asking "would that scare you?". Cooler heads prevailed. The manager saw everything and calmly intervened, taking over the sale and sending him to "check on something in the back". I opted to not make a scene and left before anyone had a chance to apologize. I didn't go back for a while, but I never saw that guy there again. At least that says something positive about management. I got some pretty good ammo deals after that for about a year, so that somewhat makes up for it. My only experience with the new location wasn't anything to write home about. Things were still kind of high (but not as bad), employees were still somewhat indifferent, etc., but atleast nobody put a gun in my face.

For this area I stick to three stores: TC Outdoors (Statesboro), Patrick's (Sav), and Dean Forest (Sav).

some places I absolutely hate to deal with are lake side guns I asked them if they had a tapco AR butt stock last year the guy looked at me crazy and was like um no sir youll have to check somewhere else...oh im sorry is tapco not local? most of my LGS have a wide range of tapco stuff and their prices arent competitive at all. and a majority of dealers at gun shows...Ill make a reasonable offer on a gun and they get all insulted saying no this price is how it stand when Im not a ****ing idiot I know he bought it off some dumb ass for 200 and he wont come down from 475 to 450 its nuts. and then youll be carrying around a gun to sell and they are inconspicuously walking around the show trying to scope people out and "pretend" they arent dealers, and they ask you how much youre selling for and they get offended at that price because its what they would sell it for. I remember a gun saw a rifle I was selling for 1200 like new condition and I told him the price and he said "oh youre asking way too much" and 2 shows later I see him selling the same gun I had but not as nice for 400 more than I was asking....so many gun dicks out there

i pretty much avoid pawn shops, with a few notible exceptions that actually are a gun shop/pawn shop i dont mind, but pretty much any pawn shop that sels guns the pawn and thats it i avoid.

I avoid AO for the obvious reasons, service from the sales people is hit or miss, some are very friendly and helpful others are useless, the time it takes to check out is too long/disorganized. if they want to double check everything then cool, they should have the second person up front most of the time instead of having to page them then wait. their prices arnt as good as they used to be.

I don't go in Franklins at all.
Clydes is ok on some prices, their ammo prices are high (to me).
I like a small shop in Banks Crossing (Commerce) called Shooters. I have bought several guns from them at decent prices.
The people here are very helpfull. They are a small shop so their prices are high on somethings because of what they pay. (small quantity purchases)
But I like to support local shops when ever possible.

Back
Top Bottom