• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Stores to stay away from

I went there for the last time when the guy behind the counter wanted to check my ammo to make sure I had no steel, so when I opened my case up to get some ammo out he seen my old Taurus PT140. He preceded to tell me that and I quote " That Taurus is no good. I've seen several blow up, If I was you I wouldn't shoot it." I said, "Seriously, this is my ONLY gun including my G26, and G33 that has NEVER had a malfunction, EVER." He said I must be the lucky one that got a good one, and something about thats why they quit selling Taurus semi autos, but they still sell Taurus revolvers because they are good guns.:doh: I packed my shi*t and that is the last time I have stepped foot in there.

There are 3 things in life to never do:

Don't criticize a man's vehicle, unless he does first
Don't criticize a man's firearm, especially if he is carrying it
Don't criticize his woman

Any one of those can end badly! :cool:

There are 3 things in life to never do:

Don't criticize a man's vehicle, unless he does first
Don't criticize a man's firearm, especially if he is carrying it
Don't criticize his woman

Any one of those can end badly! :cool:

Yeah. I genuinely could not believe what I was listening to. It's not like it was a great range (at the time anyways, I hear they renovated), and they would not let me shoot my .357Sig, .357Mag, or .22lr so I was pretty much limited to just my 9mm and my wifes .40 to shoot there anyways.

,Trading post pistol and pawn in Newnan,,,bunch of preppy frat boys in there with no knowledge of nothing..We were the only guys in there who didnt have bieber hair cuts,and costas on..I hear they are building a range in Newnan.I dont live there but I'd stay away from that place too.I hear they are building it on their own with nothing professionally done.Sounds like another Range and Guns to me.

Last edited:
Advanced Bullets in Temple won't allow AK's or SKS's to be shot past 25 meters because they are too inaccurate and not meant to hit anything past that range.

good: twin city pawn in rossville,ga-marlin 1894 357.magnum for 375$ cash
ed's pawn in stockbridge,ga-stoeger coach 12g 325$ nib cash
gables in douglasville always helpful no matter how many guns you look at/handle and dont buy.

bad:gun country in lagrange,ga obviously. because they are CLOSED DOWN now

Ed's Public Safety in Stockbridge is a great store. Great selection, they aren't rude but do not go out of their way to be ass kissers either. They leave you alone until you have a question.

And they never raised their prices in Nov '08 and had TONS of stock. If I still lived down there I would be there weekly.

And the best Glock prices I've ever seen.

Agreed - I do live down there and I do stop in almost weekly!

I did a search and found some threads on good stores but I was more curious about the ones to stay away from or at least be weary of their service. I like to go to different stores all the time because I like to see what is out there while I'm traveling all over the metro and surrounding Atlanta area and I have came across some crappy service and some excellent. I will make a list and break it down a bit.

Worst Customer Service but I still shop there for price: Adventure Outdoors (I will say it has gotten better over the last few months)

Worst Customer Service and will not give my business to: Range Guns and Safes in Forest Park

Worst Attitude: Wild West Traders on Austell Rd.

Most insane prices: A little pawn shop in Bremen. Only one I know of there. ($350 Taurus TCPs, $275 Hi Points, and near $500 Taurus PT111s and140s) I know they can charge what they want, but I figured it can't hurt to let people know ahead of time so they can make their mind up whether to go there or not.

I don't expect everyone to follow my format, I just wanna see which places give the most people bad experiences. If anyone from any of these shops is on here then please chime in, in defense of your place, I just felt like there should be a thread calling out the shops that consistently give people problems.

range guns and safes is awesome, i personally know most of the guys at each store

and just gonna say, that the one in forest park is filled with hoodlums and dip****s who come in there and try and shoot. the staff is awesome, but the store sucks kinda because of the clients they bring in

One store that was absolutely horrible was Mission Essential in Hinesville (not to be confused with the location in Savannah). I went into that store multiple times and basically had to beg employees to answer questions, point me in the right direction, ring me up at the register, etc. At the time, this was my only logical place to shop, so I had little choice despite their terrible (nonexistent) customer service. How they have changed ownership and are renamed to Aim Center Mass. What a major improvement new ownership makes! I went there today and I had an entirely different experience.

I called them when I was doing my AR build. Every time I called and asked if they had something, they would tell me to come over or call back later and talk with some woman (can't remember her name. I think she was the manager/owner). She wasn't there 90% of the time and when I did finally talk to her, everything she had in stock was way overpriced. $237.00 for a polymer lower? Give me a break!

Back
Top Bottom