• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun Stores to stay away from

Stoddards in Dville, fantastic range. Gables in Dville, good service. AO in Smyrna good service most of the time. Advanced Bullets in Temple Short Dog Syndrom!

Yeah I haven't been back to Advanced Bullets since they put the screens in front of where you shoot. I am tall and I was having to stick the barrel out just passed the wire screen thing and actually bend my knees a little to get under it, and if I didn't watch it the recoil on the bigger revolvers would actually hit the wood screen. I really like the people there, but from what I hear they were having bad problems with people over shooting the burms and there is a subdivision or something way back behind the woods. Just what I hear. Have nothing against them at all, just really uncomfortable for me to shoot there now.

I went there for the last time when the guy behind the counter wanted to check my ammo to make sure I had no steel, so when I opened my case up to get some ammo out he seen my old Taurus PT140. He preceded to tell me that and I quote " That Taurus is no good. I've seen several blow up, If I was you I wouldn't shoot it." I said, "Seriously, this is my ONLY gun including my G26, and G33 that has NEVER had a malfunction, EVER." He said I must be the lucky one that got a good one, and something about thats why they quit selling Taurus semi autos, but they still sell Taurus revolvers because they are good guns.:doh: I packed my shi*t and that is the last time I have stepped foot in there.

sounds like a bad experience no doubt. i agree the guy had no business criticizing your gun. not sure i would blast the shop from one experience with one guy though. as i said, been there a lot and never had a issue. i have always found them to be friendly.

**** ar bunker in Newnan. Bought many guns there when I was foolish and didn't know I was getting robbed with their crazy prices. Sometimes they don't even acknowledge your in there!

sounds like a bad experience no doubt. i agree the guy had no business criticizing your gun. not sure i would blast the shop from one experience with one guy though. as i said, been there a lot and never had a issue. i have always found them to be friendly.

The problem is, you only get one chance to make a first impression...

The problem is, you only get one chance to make a first impression...

This^. Plus I had been there many times before and for one didn't really care for the place too much already as I couldn't shoot half of my calibers there, and two, it was not my first bad experience. They treated my wife, a seasoned shooter, like they knew better what she wanted and needed than she did, with me standing right beside her. She could have bought the gun she wanted right then and there but instead she insisted on going somewhere else and having them order it.

The AR Bunker in Newnan is high,but It may be because he really doesnt have any competition.Ive bought Ar parts there,but no guns.

Best gun range I've ever been in is SharpShooters USA in Roswell/Alpharetta. Good gun selection, knowledgably staff and decent prices on ammo.

Worst gun shop I've ever been in is B&B Outdoors. They act like if you don't have a wad of cash to choke a horse they won't give you the time of day. Prices on Ammo are a little to high and they hardly ever carry any bulk. Always got to buy .223 or 5.56 in 20 round packs and nothing in larger bulk. Purchased my first firearm from them and then when I had problems with it they said you bought it, your problem. Some of the guys behind the counter always seem to be in a pissy mood and act like it is a bother if you have a question to ask about a firearm and when you want to look at one they huff and puff like it is an ordeal to open the cabinet to let you look at it. Last time I was in there they had the same guns that were on consignment for over a year still there and way over priced. You'd think they would advise the gun owner that the price they want is way to high for it to sell, but I guess that could care less. So they just sit there on the wall collecting dust.

Here is the one time I went to sharpshooters (we were going to join until this)... we were looking at guns and no one was "available" to help even though some guys were just chatting with other employees, we looked at some used guns... finally got someone to show us one... it was obvious that the commission on the used guns is not much cause he clearly wanted to go help some people looking at new guns (anyone that buys there clearly doesn't shop around). We said "whatever, we came to shoot" (the range is pretty nice). Needed some 9mm ammo so went to the young guy working and, seriously, he was a dick... rude, arrogant, probably the owner's son??? Anyway, haven't been back. We go to Sandy Springs now... a little further down the road but the nicest people we have dealt with at ANY range.

Oh, and the selection is only "okay", prices aren't great and the staff might know everything but if they are dicks, who cares? And, for background, I've been shooting at ranges for over 20 years and been to dozens of ranges and gun stores in multiple states. And I serious about joining, would have written the check that day because we spend so much time at the range... oh well.

Oh, and Pannel's is great if you like getting "stung" by shrapnel at the range... not kidding.

Last edited:
good: chucks gun and pawn. warner robins good people.good prices
good: academy sports.macon
bad: barrows in butler(bought over 20 guns there) have a great selection. but wont buy from again
bad:true value hardware store roberta (bought 10+guns there) small selection. but wont buy from again

#1 i buy mostly from ODT now

Sporting arms is the best gun store I have ever visited and it's not even close. Jerry sold me a KSG for under MSRP when other stores in the area were asking $1500. Jerry said he wouldn't gouge his customers like that. Best ammo prices around if you're buying by the case. Best customer service I've ever experienced.

Worst experience I have ever had at a gun store was at country boys in homer. I will never go back to that place and neither will any of my friends.

Back
Top Bottom