• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun wall display - before and after

How do you attach magnets to aluminum?
These panels are actually plastic. but if aluminum, would do the same. used round countersunk magnets with a hole, used nuts and bolt to attach to the board. had to lay it out in advance and then mount the board after. Revolvers don't lay flat, so attached bracket to the board and then magnets to the bracket. for rifles, used standard peg board hooks but coated them in plastic-dip. used small panels so I can take them down if I need to rearrange anything.

IMG_4959.jpg
IMG_4960.jpg
IMG_4961.jpg

Nice looking and ingenious displays! Any concerns about the magnets scratching the blued firearms?

Only concern I would have is easier access by someone looking to rip you off. I used to keep my stuff in a closet that had built in gun storage, but after I was burglarized and lost some nice pieces, I switched to safes and alarm systems. This happened to me 39 years ago, but it's something I'll never forget. No storage is foolproof, but I want them to really have to work at it if they try to burglarize me again!

magnets are rubber coated and because they are countersunk, the metal screw is well below the level of the contact point between gun and magnet. no worries on any scratching.

Of course burglary is always a concern, but it would be very difficult for someone to get to that storage space. If they can get there, a safe would not matter - it would only slow them down a bit more. It's a very valid observation, but there are several layers of "security" in place. One layer of which is not talking openly about the layers of security in place.

Back
Top Bottom