• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gun work bench (lets see yours)

So, I'm interested in knowing whether I need to invest in a rifle vise, what kind, and what basic tools I need to get started.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Probably should start a whole new thread for that. A lot of variables like what are you planning on doing, what you're going to be working on, etc. I built my first AR with just basic tools and a lower receiver block from PSA. Bill Geissele does most of his work in his lap so it depends.

That's a good idea. After the new year, I will start a thread on it to help me get me started.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

If you're looking to just have a workspace and not a solid heavy duty reloading bench I like the look of these:

www.homedepot.com_catalog_productImages_1000_ca_ca68b7a5_1e77_4b86_b130_0ea9a4685bbc_1000.jpg

I think they might be classified as reloading benches but I dont know how sturdy they are.

I have one of these as a reloading bench and it's very sturdy, especially when you get some weight on it.

reloadingbenchplans1.gif

I threw this one together pretty easily using 2x4's and had Home Depot cut the plywood to size so it fit in my SUV.
You can cut the height of the legs to suit your needs ( I cut mine for stool-height but wind up standing most of the time).

The only down-side is that if I'm hammering on something the stuff hanging on the pegboard bounces around. I mounted a decent size vice up front and still have room for a Tipton vice for the lighter work.
My nephew used the same design for his reloading bench and it also does well for that kind of work.

Back
Top Bottom