• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Guncrafter .50GI Glock 20/21 Conversion Kit

Income tax came back. In addition to giving most of it to the propane man for a winters worth of gas to keep us in hot water, I gave a portion to GoodWife, just to keep me on her good side and so I don't get carved up in my sleep and then went to Fuquay where I found me a nice 2000 DOM Glock 21 lower end. Picked it up for $199 and its in fine shape so.....

Got the 50 its own dedicated Gen 3 launching platform with the ubiquitous pickatinny mounting rail for the Tacticrap Corp combination flashlight laser bayonet grenade launcher.

And....got my favorite 45 ACP put back together on its original Gen 2.5 launching platform. Loaded and on the nightstand, of course.

Happy me. This should take care of the large frame semi auto itch for just about ever.

i.imgur.com_RysBR9w.jpg

GoodWife didn't believe me, about the whole Tactical Crap bayonets thingee.....

I'll say it up front, not mine......lifted the photo from some poor fella who does own one though....

poor dumb bass-turd.......

i.imgur.com_Pw6oPTk.jpg

Numbers, for folks as like them. Many thanks to Handloads.com and Dillon for their fancy calculators so I don't have to do the math. For me, its a fun cartridge. A 50 I can shoot regularly and probably learn to shoot well. Hunting season will hopefully tell if its as effective on game as the 45 Auto (though I suspect the 3006 will be the most reliable game getter at any reasonable range!)

45 ACP, 230g, 830 FPS - Energy 351 Ft/Lbs - Momentum 27 - TKO 12 - Power Factor 190.9

50 GI, 255g, 900 FPS - Energy 458 Ft/Lbs - Momentum 32 - TKO 16 - Power Factor 229.5

41Mag, 210g, 1300 FPS - Energy 787 Ft/Lbs - Momentum 39 - TKO 15 - Power Factor 273

3006, 165g, 2800 FPS - Energy 2871 Ft/Lbs - Momentum 66 - TKO 20 - Power Factor 445.50

Excellent review man. I originally saw 50 GI and wanted to buy it. Thought it was a for sale thread for some reason.

Gonna try some of the copper hollow points one day soon. Salty though. For now, its time to work up a shot load for the spring copperheads.

Some more numbers.....recoil, as compared between the standard 45 ACP and my working load for the 50 GI.

45 ACP. 230g. 830 FPS. assuming a 6g powder charge and a 1.3125 lb weapon.

Recoil Impulse in (lbs sec): 0.95

Velocity of recoiling firearm (fps): 23.39

Free recoil energy in (ft/lbs): 11.15

50 GI. 255g. 900 FPS. assuming a 6.4g powder charge and a 1.3125 lb weapon.

Recoil Impulse in (lbs sec): 1.13

Velocity of recoiling firearm (fps): 27.77

Free recoil energy in (ft/lbs): 15.71

I spose it all means that the 50 GI load I made up kicks a bit harder than standard 45 ACP ammo.

A couple hours of happiness. Might go burn some Friday or Sat. Got some time off and just want to wear out the dueling post and test the function on the new frame I acquired for this set of kit. Anxiously awaiting the new magazine base pads so I can throw those gosh awful magazine extensions into the nearest shepherd dogs mouth for "stippling".

Yes....2 shot extensions gone.....flat bottom Glock floor plates with late model flat floor plate locks and....

The magazines still hold and function with the same 9 round capacity as the excessively bulky and ugly 2 shot extensions

And......

The gun with a flat bottom magazine rides a dayum sight better on the belt all around and even when seated in the bucket seats of the car and truck.

Very much happier!

i.imgur.com_4bjUQg7.jpg

Back
Top Bottom