• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gunjitsu - Name Some Training Opportunities You Plan on Attending in 2022

KPETGBJJ

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Coming from the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu world, I've gotten addicted to how technique driven shooting is. Since I've been working with ETG (teaching Jiu Jitsu), I'm always looking for other opportunities to train. What are some 2022 courses you plan on attending this year (shooting, tactics, NVG, Force on force, etc)?

We do this about once a quarter with our team (members & instructors)

Main things on my calendar for 2022 are attending the PSTG Summit (likely late April in Omaha) where I’ll also be teaching a block and hosting Ben Stoeger at SRGC (east of Atlanta) in the fall. I’d like to get in another class with Travis Tomasie as well.

Main things on my calendar for 2022 are attending the PSTG Summit (likely late April in Omaha) where I’ll also be teaching a block and hosting Ben Stoeger at SRGC (east of Atlanta) in the fall. I’d like to get in another class with Travis Tomasie as well.
Nice. Keep me posted about the SRGC date. For the April class, are you referring to Omaha, NE or Omaha, GA? I only see Omaha, NE on his website.

Nice. Keep me posted about the SRGC date. For the April class, are you referring to Omaha, NE or Omaha, GA? I only see Omaha, NE on his website.

The April summit is in Omaha, NE. I’ll be posting the SRGC date in this forum once it’s sorted out. Way more events at SRGC than previous years—scheduling is looking tricky.

The April summit is in Omaha, NE. I’ll be posting the SRGC date in this forum once it’s sorted out. Way more events at SRGC than previous years—scheduling is looking tricky.
That's great news! A lot of the feedback I'm receiving from other platforms is training is kicking back up. Thanks for the info. I hope all the new gun owners seek out avenues for consistent training. Even if you are getting reps in all the time, you still might loose.

Training kept on ticking among the people I hang with. The ammo/primer shortage prompted a lot of discussion on where live fire was truly needed and the value of dry fire on the range. I cut the round count of my one-day class from 600 to under 300, and it's much better for the reduction because students (1) learn that they don't need to pull the trigger to work skills outside recoil management (2) understand how integrating dry- and live-fire at the range lets them learn more than doing exclusively live fire.

Training kept on ticking among the people I hang with. The ammo/primer shortage prompted a lot of discussion on where live fire was truly needed and the value of dry fire on the range. I cut the round count of my one-day class from 600 to under 300, and it's much better for the reduction because students (1) learn that they don't need to pull the trigger to work skills outside recoil management (2) understand how integrating dry- and live-fire at the range lets them learn more than doing exclusively live fire.
Couldn't Agree more! I would argue that most of the folks I work/train with dry fire way more than live fire. There is obviously solid data points from both. You also discover limitations in simulations, doesn't matter if it is live fire, dry fire, draw/reload drills, grip, etc. There always seems to be some sort of limitation based on the available platform or scenario. Where do you teach classes out of?

Back
Top Bottom