• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Guns and Concerts....

nwbn90

Default rank <2500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
65   1
Reaction score
so tonight a friend and I are going to a concert in Atlanta. of course before heading out I checked the venues *coughs bull***** "security policy" which by no surprise includes being frisked and wanded: no pocket knives/multi tools.firearms or other Personal protection items allowed.... I know this subject has been talked to at LENGTH, but I can't help but feel frustrated. I don't even want to go do things I enjoy because of further encroaching Gun laws... I know some of you will say " well just don't go to those places" but lets be realistic, at this point. what places CAN you go where you can carry without fear of prosecution.
SPORTS EVENTS-NOPE
MOVIES (NOT SUPPOSED TO)
MUSIC VENUES(NOPE)
COUNTY FAIR (NOPE)

I don't mean to rant but I'm just tired of seeing this stuff. what happened to live and let live. I also feel like a sell out for going to these events and voluntarily disarming myself. I may be over reacting but I'm just sick of our sissified culture.

thoughts?

I hear you on this. I wanted to go see Roger Waters tonight but all the BS he stands for makes me sick and I couldn't justify supporting a show like his after the stuff he has been on record saying.

That's why it's so important to support 2nd amendment based organizations that work for a "Pro Rights" agenda as much as we can.

atltrader atltrader yeah it really discourages me that NO venues (at least in ATL) allow CC. I feel like a total fake to claim a extremely pro 2nd stance and just puss out and Go. but what are we supposed to live under rocks?

nwbn90 nwbn90 I've heard different people bring this idea up before in one context or another but what if a relatively large group of concealed carriers decided to go one day to what would be considered a "gun free zone" restaurant/establishment and then decide to do an organized protest on their no gun policy where everyone were to walk out in unison giving the message to the manager or owner of that establishment that the amount of business lost could be very substantial if they want to continue enacting their no gun policies.

When I have heard this idea talked about before in casual conversations it was being expressed as a way to say to the owners of these places how powerful the concealed carry community could be in large pools from a financial point of view to the local shop/restaurant owners.

Anyways, I thought the core idea of it was pretty interesting when I heard being discussed from time to time.

nwbn90 nwbn90 I've heard different people bring this idea up before in one context or another but what if a relatively large group of concealed carriers decided to go one day to what would be considered a "gun free zone" restaurant/establishment and then decide to do an organized protest on their no gun policy where everyone were to walk out in unison giving the message to the manager or owner of that establishment that the amount of business lost could be very substantial if they want to continue enacting their no gun policies.

When I have heard this idea talked about before in casual conversations it was being expressed as a way to say to the owners of these places how powerful the concealed carry community could be in large pools from a financial point of view to the local shop/restaurant owners.

Anyways, I thought the core idea of it was pretty interesting when I heard being discussed from time to time.

Something like this would have a better chance of working than 1 or 2 people calling and complaining.

Start with a Waffle House......they prohibit guns.

Back
Top Bottom