• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Guns n' Roses APPETITE FOR DESTRUCTION turns 30 YEARS OLD today

I did the buy 15 cd's for 15 cents then buy one a year for the next million years or that's what it felt like. I had a pile of cd's.

You ought to watch the defiant ones on HBO. Never been a rap person and it mainly focuses on Dr.dre. But I enjoyed watching it, it focused on the music and the record labels of that time
I remember those ads in the back of Metal Edge magazine. LOL "Get 10 albums for 10 cents" or something like that. I lived in Japan at the time though and they wouldn't ship overseas.

I never got into rap other than the Beastie Boys first album. I think everybody had that one. I also bought the first Bodycount album because of all the "Cop Killer" controversy, but that wasn't a rap album. It was just a mediocre metal band with Ice T trying his best to sing (and failing miserably).

I moved to Greenville with a new job, lost that job and wound up working in a kick ass nightclub, drove an old Cutlass, shared an apartment and had no money at all when that album was released. Brings back memories of the best years of my life.

I remember those ads in the back of Metal Edge magazine. LOL "Get 10 albums for 10 cents" or something like that. I lived in Japan at the time though and they wouldn't ship overseas.

I never got into rap other than the Beastie Boys first album. I think everybody had that one. I also bought the first Bodycount album because of all the "Cop Killer" controversy, but that wasn't a rap album. It was just a mediocre metal band with Ice T trying his best to sing (and failing miserably).

I loved Beastie Boys and still do.
I saw them at Lakewood
Three White Jewish boys were the highest selling rappers of that time

Son of a *****..... Man now I feel old. Thanks for ruining my day.

I also felt old when we were riding in the car and heard about when Micheal Jackson died, and my son from the back of the van goes "who's that"
I'm no Micheal Jackson fan but he was definitely an icon of my time.
Ruined mine too dammit. Lol!

I'm telling you man, it's hard to believe the album is 30 years old! It was one of my favorite CASSETTES in my collection. LOL

I was telling my daughter awhile back how good she has it with the internet. She can pull up any song she wants to hear and listen to it for free.

We had to actually LEAVE THE HOUSE and go to a record store and PAY MONEY for the music we wanted to listen to. We also had to buy an entire album, even if we just wanted one song, unless you got lucky and that song had been released as a single.
Yep, sho nuff.

damn, i was 3 y/o back then
Lmao!

I was only 11, but I didn't want to make @grdbreaker feel old.

:pound:
Lmao! Even more! Hell, I was freakin' 28 and my sons were 4 & 6. Lol!

I don't mind Night train and Mr Brownstone but I really hate the rest of that album. And classic rock radio ain't made it any better. I clearly remember when that album hit. Every single denim jacket heavy black eyeliner chick I was trying to make a move on just had to hear that gay ass Welcome to the Jungle over and over...

Back
Top Bottom