• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gunshow pricing......LOL!

Does anyone know of ANY gun shows that are not outrageous on their prices?
The ones I've been to around here are comical and at the same time depressing when it comes to their pricing.

I can understand "aksing" a higher price to start on something, especially if you want to look like you're 'giving the customer a deal'. Say $650 for a Gen4 19, then you graciously accept an offer of $550 (LOL), but to start at 18 - 20 times the market price? That's ridiculous. He had some milsurps that I may have been interested in buying but when I saw that? I knew that this was not a dealer that was interested in selling anything, he was there to socialize and buy stuff walking in. No point in even asking what the 1903 was priced at. And that's fine too. Just hysterical.

he was there to socialize and buy stuff walking in.

Having sold soap at a couple of the December RK shows at the Atlanta Expo has led me to believe this statement.

Cherokee Gun & Pawn has great pricing and moves a lot of product. But the same ol' guys selling milsurps, etc are just sitting there waiting for a sucker to hand them money.

I swear there are tables that don't sell a single item over the course of the show. So you just paid 85 bucks to hang out with your buddies for the weekend? Maybe they have successful online businesses going or something. I just don't get it.

Having sold soap at a couple of the December RK shows at the Atlanta Expo has led me to believe this statement.

Cherokee Gun & Pawn has great pricing and moves a lot of product. But the same ol' guys selling milsurps, etc are just sitting there waiting for a sucker to hand them money.

I swear there are tables that don't sell a single item over the course of the show. So you just paid 85 bucks to hang out with your buddies for the weekend? Maybe they have successful online businesses going or something. I just don't get it.
Some of those guys have the same rifles and pistols on their tables that they've been 'selling' since June 2010 when I moved back to Georgia from Illinois.

I can understand "aksing" a higher price to start on something, especially if you want to look like you're 'giving the customer a deal'. Say $650 for a Gen4 19, then you graciously accept an offer of $550 (LOL), but to start at 18 - 20 times the market price? That's ridiculous. He had some milsurps that I may have been interested in buying but when I saw that? I knew that this was not a dealer that was interested in selling anything, he was there to socialize and buy stuff walking in. No point in even asking what the 1903 was priced at. And that's fine too. Just hysterical.

Was he squawking about "this is my last gunshow ever! EVERYTHING must go!".......

I too remember when the aluminum waffle mags were around 1.50 - 2 buck each....

There was a guy buying them up in Indiana a few years ago and he was paying $1.50 each. Said he was scrapping the chromed followers somewhere. Sellers couldn't hand them over fast enough. I remember in 1995, immediately after the Omnibus Crime Bill '94 those 20 round mags were $35 to $55 each and the 30 round mags were $125.

Back
Top Bottom