• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gunsmith needed - Saiga Conversion and some MAK 90 help

Triathloncoach

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
201   0
Reaction score
Fortunately I realized before I did any damage that if I do the work myself I am going to Bubba the guns. I am currently replacing the stock on my MAK 90 with an Ironwood Stock and having a heck of a time with the "stuck" switch that holds in the botton hand guard and unscrewing the end of the gas tube so I can replace the upper guard. This needs to be done correctly and I am likey to break parts.

I also have an unconverted Saiga 7.62*39 that I want to a rear convert and replace the stock. I have a new stock (photo attached) and a parts list that I bought from Carolina Supply several months ago so that at least a partial front conversion can be done as well. Part list attached.

Wouid someone recommend a a gun smith that can finish these two guns correctly. I have too much money invested to mess them up because I lack the skill to do the work competently. I never claimed to deserve a Man Card.

Thank you

Frank

Attachments

• IMG_1097.JPG
    IMG_1097.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1098.JPG
    IMG_1098.JPG
    57.2 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1095.JPG
    IMG_1095.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_1107.JPG
    IMG_1107.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 16
  • IMG_1108.JPG
    IMG_1108.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 16
Sorry, no help on gunsmith recommendation, but a little on your problems. The gas tube does not come apart. The upper hand guard is twisted into place.
I can be pretty challenging but that is how it goes on.
The lower forend cap lever can usually be rotated once it is aligned with the groove in the barrel. My guess is end cap is not aligned with the groove in the
barrel and won't let you move the lever. With the lower hand guard in place and the end cap pushed against the hand guard, the lever should rotate to
it's locked position with a little jiggling.
Here's a link that might help. Good luck.
http://ultimak.com/AKStockR&R.htm#fore

Back
Top Bottom