• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gunsmith Torque wrench use

See that AIM has the Real Avid Smart TORQ wrench on sale for $55, https://aimsurplus.com/products/real-avid-smart-torq
and have been wanting a gunny wrench. Any comments about this torque would be greatly appreciated.

Looks like the wheeler that I have, minus the extra handle sticking out the side. It works but the settings are a bit vague. As in they're not a positive click to be easily repeatable with the exact same setting. If the Real Avid has a detent or click for easily repeatable settings; it would be a better tool.

I’ve been using that same Real Avid wrench for several months in the shop and like it very much. Haven’t had any issues, I like how clear the settings are, how easy it is to use, and the removable side handle is nice when doing some of the heavier weight settings. Comes in a nice case, with a decent little bit set.

Here is the one I use.

E11A5E07-651D-463E-8F44-DE5085552F96.jpeg

I use a Capri torque screwdriver. Had the Wheeler before. Much prefer the Capri. It’s more expensive but seems like it will last.

Wheeler here for the small stuff. Craftsman digital for the barrel nuts. Real Avid makes some nice stuff but go with the Wheeler and save you some coin for the exact thing. The $55 version is the one without the case. The Wheeler one has case and you can catch it on Optics Planet on sale from time to time along with Amazon. Optics Planet use the Honey browser app to score a coupon code and it'll save you more coin and just work as well.

Back
Top Bottom