• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gussied Up 10/22 vs. Ruger Precision Rimfire vs. "Whatcha got?"

My Kidd 22 is my accurate than my RPRR, but still around an 1 inch group at 100 with the RPRR with a few different ammo selections.

I think you feeding issue is a one-off. I'm 100% on mine and generally speaking as far as I've seen in RPRR groups, the vast majority of people have no feeding issues. Always annoying to have feeding issues, but I'm sure Ruger will correct.
I got a call from Roger today and they want my RPR back at the factory. Obviously they never tell you what issues they suspect as that would indicate their admittance of issues existing at all, but as long as it works when I get it back I'll be happy.

I took my RPR and one of my 10/22's out to the range today. I had a new scope on the RPR which I had already bore sighted at home, so I took three shots getting it sighted in at 25yds. I put the next seven rounds in one ragged hole that was less than a half inch across and dead center. I dropped the empty factory ten round mag and inserted a new factory ten round mag. The next ten rounds were 2" high and to the left and had a 2" spread. I thought it was strange that two factory mags would shoot so far off. Then I looked and realized that the first mag had been loaded with CCI standards and the second mag was Remington Golden bullets from the bulk packs. I forgot I had loaded the CCI's in that first mag but the RPR sure did like them. My 10/22 shot with the same accuracy (or lack thereof) as the RPR with the Remington ammo. Seems that the Remington Golden is good for plinking but for accuracy I'll stick with the CCI's in the RPR.

Golden Bullets and dirty and have never been known for their accuracy. Plinkers.. barely.. LOL
I gotta figure out what to do with the 50,000 or so rounds I have in my stash. They are so dirty I just hate shooting them in anything. But I will say they have just about 100% performance rate.

Well, my RPR was sent back to Ruger last night. They gave me a return number and provided me with a UPS label for shipping the rifle back to the North Carolina factory. I have no idea how long it will take to get it back, but when I do I hope it works like it should.

It's a fun rifle, but when it ruins 3/5 of the bullets that go in the chamber it's no wonder I can't get the grouping I would expect. When I get it back, it will be like Christmas! I can't wait!

I guess in the meantime, I'll have to build up another 10/22 project just to keep myself busy.

Back
Top Bottom