• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

GWCP With Misdemeanor Marijuana Charge ?

Yep .
If I recall my history , that caused a-lot of similar 'crime' issues that we have faced since the 1960's .

amazing how that happens. people still think that because something is morally questionable it should be illegal. I'm not a proponent of recreational drugs but I also don't want the Fed telling people what to put in their bodies. theres a ****load of food thats legal and fda approved thats linked to cancer. Mary Jane has never killed anyone and has been proved to have some medical benefits if consumed through methods other than smoking.

Snoop dog minute? Or Personal use for granny minute? Under 1oz is misdemeanor

From my experience 'years ago ' you are correct unless it's broken up into 3 or more parcels for sale.

About 10 years ago a friend of mines Son went to get a Half Ounce for somebody in Forsyth Co, returned & the Heat was there / he was charged with Felony Distribution cause he got his "Friend" the half ounce in 'Dime' Bags.

It basically ruined his life , IMO If he would have had a top lawyer back then things would have been different. ???

According to him it was a undercover situation with the undercover person initially bringing said substance out. Apparently the boy had some and shared it too. The police tried to get him to flip an tell on others that smoke. When he would not play ball and narc out his friends. The police stuck him with the most they could.

All part of the 'Game' . If his story is right , charges 'IMO' should have been dropped or reduced.
Back in the day Narcs or Undercover tried to see you anywhere from an ounce to many Lbs.

Back in the day Narcs or Undercover tried to see you anywhere from an ounce to many Lbs.

True story.

Athens, GA. 1975

Hippie era was just starting, marijuana was around but still sort of "exotic". Clarke County had only gone "wet" for alcohol a couple of years before.

All Mary Jane was felony, no First Offender treatment.

So the GBI brings in this drop dead gorgeous blonde undercover agent. Even among the GBI, her nickname was "thunder thighs".

So she would go into a bar, find some kid who had had one too many beers, and whisper into his ear promises of carnal delights he had only had wet dreams about, IF he could JUST FIND some weed, WELL, they could sneak off and party. All this while she's whispering softly into his ear, and rubbing up against him.

Damn, I would have gone and found some herb if she had made those promises to me, and I've never touched the stuff.

So little Billy Hardon would literally canvas the bar asking if anyone had any grass he could have, he would score enough for a joint of two, go back to Thunder Thighs, who then remembered something she had to do, and in a week or so, little Billy is arrested for possession and distribution.

Of course at the commital hearing, she didn't remember it that way, but when 30 people who don't know each other tell you the exact same story, you begin to think that it is true.

This passed for a major drug operation for the GBI in the late 1970's. Fortunately Athens is a "company town" where the economy is dependent on students spending large amounts of daddy's money, and the students can't do that when they are in jail or paying big fines. So over the protest of the GBI, which needed to run up its scoresheet on all the "dealers" it was taking off the street, most, if not all of the cases were pleaded down to something that would not trash the kid's record -remember these were all FELONIES.

Most common comment from the lawyers representing the kids -"I'm glad she's targeting students and not lawyers."

All part of the 'Game' . If his story is right , charges 'IMO' should have been dropped or reduced.
Out in California the maximum penalty for under an ounce is an infraction. No possibility to spend a night in the local lock up

I'm no teacher , but they don't if you complete 'First Offender' or wait the 5 years after you have completed all the sentencing conditions .
But??
If you have a 2 ed conviction ??? 'Crap OFL ' as far as I can tell.

i believe the 5 years after convition is to have your rights restored if it was a felony. for misdemeanor once its all said and done should effect your ability to buy a firearm or get your ccw at all.

Back
Top Bottom