• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gwinnett County Fairgrounds Gun Show Weekend After Thanksgiving

I go to that show often. I'll agree with hammonje that it is a horrible show, but I'll go further to say all of the shows are horrible. There is no true gun show anymore, these are places that a lot of gun shops can set up shop in one location. The younger guys are saying DUUUUUUUUHHHHHH!

I go to the shows, talk with the dealers that I know and walk around dealing with the people there that are selling something or looking to trade. By the time I get to them with a fair offer they're more than ready to sell, they've been lowballed by every dealer in the show already.

It's just like ODT only live ...................and everyone is not over 6' and 230.

I say all guns show stink but I have a ball looking and trying to deal with the other folks there.

You could be raking leaves.

Which show is this? I see three shows that weekend, the NAS show at the Atlanta Expo in Jonesboro, a Gunrunner's show in Waycross, and an Eastman show at the Cobb County civic center. I might head to the one in Jonesboro, I like the venue a lot and it's not an Eastman show with the same stuff.

I can't stand the Cobb civic center though, too small.

I like looking too but after going to the last 5 local shows over the past 3 months I'm not seeing much diversity. I'm not far so I'll more than likely go for a bit. If nothing else it gives you a chance to handle a bunch of guns and see how they feel in your hand. Deals can be had but I have found few. I tend to see better prices here.

It does beat raking leaves though....

The Jonesboro show is good. Always some folks with USGI parts for 03s, M1 Carbines, M1 Garands, and M14s. I'll be hitting that one up with a fist full of cash!!!!!!!

I'm a little late to this thread, but I went to this show. This is probably the 3rd one I've been to there. They're not terrible but this one was the worst I've been to. Some of the vendors I wanted to see weren't there. Seemed like fewer tables were booked.

Still, I had a good time. I got a good deal on an ESEE Izula knife and a couple ammo boxes. Not a terrible way to spend a couple hours if you have it to burn.

Which show is this? I see three shows that weekend, the NAS show at the Atlanta Expo in Jonesboro, a Gunrunner's show in Waycross, and an Eastman show at the Cobb County civic center. I might head to the one in Jonesboro, I like the venue a lot and it's not an Eastman show with the same stuff.

I can't stand the Cobb civic center though, too small.
Did you make it out of jonesboro without getting mugged or shot at or offered to buy drugs? jonesboro is the armpit of Ga. Used to be nice near Tara and all but it has gone down hill since early 80's. I guess you can say wrong side of the tracks....Ha! Had to move North of Atlanta to get away from the crime and drugs and thugs with diapers on their heads moving to jonesboro/Tara areas.

Back
Top Bottom