• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Gwinnett Show 10/27 & 10/28

I drove to Albany once for a 'gun show'. I knew I was trouble when the first table facing the entry fee taker had a four foot display of fake Chinese dog shyte. Almost asked for money back and drove back to Macon. Some of these guys get ridiculous with the 'gun and knife show' description.

I heard the shows at the infinite energy arena are a lot better but never been to one. Wasn’t too impressed with the fairgrounds. Seemed they all had displays but no sale tables. Anyone know who does & when the arena shows are?

The Infinite shows are much better than the Old Eastman Gun shows. I have been to 3 of them!!!

Come on guys, there were two other events RK was up against: an Eastman Gun Show AND a silly gun buyback program. Smart guys were hunting for deals at the buy back thing.

Guy at the first table dropping GDs among other cuss words in front of my kid, playboy mags, used goodwill shirts ,novels and complete crap at every third table. Will not be going back!
My first time at that show. Glad I missed the obscenities. Daughter probably would have started copying whichever curse word was used.

I’ve been going to Gunshows since the early 70’s. Back then the Georgia Arms Collectors show were mainly just that. Collectors who bought, sold and traded to further there hobby/collection. There were very few dealers . The tables were $20 IIRC. There were about 2 shows a year in Atlanta, maybe 1 in Gwinnett, Macon, Columbus, Augusta and Savanah. A few later in smaller towns in north and middle Georgia. I attended as a walk around and had tables off and on until middle 80’s. Then life happened, work, competitive shooting, other stuff in the way as a participate , but still went as a walkaround. Until I retired a couple years ago. Now i’m back to participating as a collector, buyer, trader and seller. The RK show at Lawrenceville is easy and close to my home. I have had tables for most of the shows in the last 2 years. The promoters and staff are nice to me. Most of the tables that have firearms are dealers. I am not there to compete with them. I try to bring the same kind of stuff I did over 40 years ago. I usually bring about 6 to 8 Foreign and USGI rifles, shotguns, and nice used pistols. I also bring stocks, bayonets, helmets, holsters, ammo belts , magazines etc. A mix of stuff I want to sell or trade, and stuff to interest people who want to talk about and examine these items. It don’t kill me if you don’t buy anything, it’s a hobby. It does cost me $80 a table. So I at least like to sell something to get that back. Some shows I sell most everything I bring. My stuff is not junk. This last show that was so terrible, was a very good show for me and the guy next to me . We have had the same tables for last 2 years. I can understand that empty tables is a loss for the promoter. They have to make a profit cause it’s a business. If they don’t make money the show will go away. If you do not wish to come that’s your business. But don’t tell people not to come. That’s like me jumping a ODT for sale post advising people not to buy the item. I’m not a fan of furniture, gutters, soap etc but if keeps the shows open, I will ignore it. Maybe some of you should get together and put together a table or 3 and support the show with relevant items for sale.

Back
Top Bottom