H&R revolver help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khewitt

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
568   0
Reaction score
I picked this little revolver up from another member on here in it's present condition. I have been attempting to get it back together but I'm having difficulties. An extensive and exhausting internet search has yielded basically nothing of use as far as diagrams or parts lists. I know other members on here are familiar with these guns and any help would be greatly appreciated.

It's a 38 s&w CTGE, 5 shot top break hammerless.

Here is a picture of everything I have.( I also have the grips but they are not in the picture.) I also believe I have an extra part or two but I'm not 100% certain.

41907b3f82f3bf0d2afa9bdb0cd7c8b6.jpg

Good luck. These old things are a pain in the ass if there ever was such a thing. Prepare for hours of cursing and throwing stuff around.

The hardest part will be reassembling the trigger mechanism without breaking something or doing it incorrectly and having a gun that doesn't shoot or where you have to reset the trigger manually. I would suggest using a small dowel or screwdriver as placeholder pins as you reassemble everything.

Put it this way: last one of these I had, I ended up selling the non-frame parts on eBay and made the frame into a desk lamp.

Good luck. These old things are a pain in the ass if there ever was such a thing. Prepare for hours of cursing and throwing stuff around.

The hardest part will be reassembling the trigger mechanism without breaking something or doing it incorrectly and having a gun that doesn't shoot or where you have to reset the trigger manually. I would suggest using a small dowel or screwdriver as placeholder pins as you reassemble everything.

Put it this way: last one of these I had, I ended up selling the non-frame parts on eBay and made the frame into a desk lamp.

I just so happens that when I assemble it I have the issue with the trigger you mentioned.(having to manually reset) I am becoming frustrated but don't want to give up on it yet.

This is a general guide. All the top break were like modern revos and basically the same mechanics. They were a PIMA to work on, and never worth the labor to repair. H&R and Iver Johnson being most prevalent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom