Hackers trying to access my account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robroyb

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
122   0
Reaction score
Hey patriots, I've had someone trying to get into my account this morning. I have 2step verification set up, so I had notifications. If you don't have the 2 step set up as well, I would jump right on it and make your account safe too.

I've been hacked and had accounts stolen before, not here in ODT, but in other forums causing me to lose my account. It sucks, so take my advice, set up the 2 step verification asap.

Hey patriots, I've had someone trying to get into my account this morning. I have 2step verification set up, so I had notifications. If you don't have the 2 step set up as well, I would jump right on it and make your account safe too.

I've been hacked and had accounts stolen before, not here in ODT, but in other forums causing me to lose my account. It sucks, so take my advice, set up the 2 step verification asap.

You are referring to the ODT account? Or your bank accounts?
I don’t see what is worth hacking in an ODT account...please explain.
Thanks!

My ODT account, but people should definitely have it set up on financials too. I don't see a real purpose in it either, unless it is a shamed member who wants to steal an account with a strong positive rating that takes a lot of work to acquire. There is value in having a strong positive rating here.

What additional personal information do I have to give to ODT for 2 step verification, just a cell phone # for a text ?

Would I have to perform the 2 step process EVERY TIME I come to the ODT website, or only if I previously logged out and then later try to log back in...

... in other words, if I never log out (or change my password) then I won't have to do the 2 step ??

Lastly, if I only surf the ODT using my cell phone's browser, can I use my same cell phone to receive the text for the 2 step verification (1 device for everything) ?

Yes, you can. But its your choice to where the 2 step code is sent, either your phone or your email account. There really isn't any personal info you are giving ODT by taking this step. I admonish you, do it, you won't be harmed, only helped if someone tries to get into your account.

What additional personal information do I have to give to ODT for 2 step verification, just a cell phone # for a text ?

Would I have to perform the 2 step process EVERY TIME I come to the ODT website, or only if I previously logged out and then later try to log back in...

... in other words, if I never log out (or change my password) then I won't have to do the 2 step ??

Lastly, if I only surf the ODT using my cell phone's browser, can I use my same cell phone to receive the text for the 2 step verification (1 device for everything) ?

Sorry, I missed this. ODT has a 30 day window where your device is saved, so it would not be that you have to go through the extra step everytime. The step is easy though. A 6 digit code is sent to the email or phone that you specified. You enter the code and its done. Its a great tool to use to protect your account.

Right now, someone would be in my account, have changed my password, and they would be taking over my ODT identity. They got my password, but couldn't get the code sent to me when they got through the password in the Log In.

Now, I'm wondering how they got my password. It was not an easy pass to guess through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom